27~ Confront the Evidence

Rule 20: Make sure all your ducks are in a row before you present them

A couple weeks later, I was tuned back into another skype conversation, only this time with Finn and Blaine joining in. Finn was going through the photos I had sent him of the Warblers then and now... and trust me... there were a lot of difference between then and now.

"Look at the pictures, Finn: it's not just Hunter. Half the Warblers have gained ten pounds of muscle since they joined the team!" Sam exclaimed.

"I already looked into this. This is a weight training regimen that they stole from Vocal Adrenaline." Finn replied.

"Oh yeah? Where'd you hear that? Pack of excuses dot com?" I asked.

"I will shut off the wifi." he said to me. Yeah, like he was ever going to get rid of little ol' me.

"Finn listen, you can't just go from being a twig to Jeane-Claude Van Damme in a few months. Tell him, Sam." Blaine said. Who was he talking about?

"Look, the average male gains up to two pounds of muscle per month -- fact!" Sam said.

"And without cheating, I researched it." I added.

"Plus -- uh... look at this cell phone video that Artie and Joe took at the Lima Bean the other day." Sam pressed a button on the keyboard. Up came the video of Hunter Clarington on freak mode... and not sex freak mode either.

"What the hell is this? Did you put Splenda in my latte? You're a barista! You don't think! You need to remember like six things!" he shouted on the video.

"And here comes the biscotti throw." I said.

"-and one of them is that the sugar comes in the brown packet and the Splenda is in the yellow!" man, what my dad wouldn't do to Hunter if he went crazy in his diner...

"I freaking hate Splenda! It taste like pencils!" how does he know what pencils taste like? "Why are you putting pencils in my latte?!" and now the baby's tantrum is over.

"Now that, is roid-rage and you know it." Sam said.

"Look, chapter seven, subsection 16, rule four, line nine." Blaine handed the rule book to Finn. You know these chapters and rules and subsections always get me confused? 

"Any team using performance enhancing drugs, including amphetamines, anabolis steriod, human growth hormone, or Four Loko will be autimatically disqaulified from competition." I read from memory, that was a real joy.

"The rule is retroactive, so if we can prove that they used at Sectionals, they'll have to forfeit and we'll win. Glee club is back!" Blaine said.

"Bleem!" Sam added.

"... What?" I asked.

"That's the three of our names shipped together." he replied. Oh jeez.

"Guys, what you're asking me to do here is beyond serious," Finn said, "The Warblers are like one of the most respected Glee clubs in the country. To accuse them of this when all we for proof is some photos of dudes heads and cell phone video?" I guess now, it seemed kind of risky.

"Look, I want Glee Club back just as much as you guys but... this isn't enough." he said, "We need more real proof." 

"We have some." Blaine said, then he, Sam and I snapped our fingers simultaneously, and in walked the kid we wanted to see.

"Me."

Trent Warbler

"I knew when Trent didn't perform with the Warblers at Sectionals that something was funky." I said.

"Yeah, he is kind of like the sunshine of the group isn't he?" Finn asked us with a grin. I just shook my head no. Boys *insert eye roll*.

"Blaine and I joined the Warblers together. It was a band of brothers, a group joined by harmony and honor. But then Blaine left, and Sebastian came -- then Hunter. They chipped away at everything that was good and special about us. Winning was everything. I mean, you took the shots, or you didn't perform. Singing with the Warblers is my life, but I couldn't do it. My hormones can't handle heroic doses of testosterone. I don't even shave yet." he explained.

"TMI honey, TMI. Mixed company in the room." I said.

"The Warblers mean everything to me, and it's killing me to betray them like this." he said.

"You're not betraying them. Hunter betrayed the Warblers, you're saving them." Blaine said.

"Yeah, that's what they said about Brutus." Trent said. Who's Brutus?

"Look, if I go public with this, then the Warblers' reputation -- it's ruined forever. Years of honorable melodies and harmonies all forgotten." he said.

"Sweetheart, the Warblers' reputation was ruined the second they decided to cheat to win!" I said.

"So, what do you say?" Finn asked, "Will you do this? Will you testify against the Warblers?"