15~ Good Luck

Rule 13: Your opponent may have a sense of humor

There we stood, the two competing schools... well there were three, but I'm not sure the those Holy Matrimony singers counted as a school or a church.

A coffin was being rolled in by three stage hands... you know what that means: anorexic heroin clown with fangs was making a surprise entrance.

They rolled in the coffin and set it down, and it opened the reveal the vampire clown himself. Man, what I would give to have a bucket of fish guts to throw at him right now.

"I've crossed oceans of time to bring the results of this show choir competiton!" he said, in a vampire accent that sounded very fake. I looked to my left and saw Sebastian staring at me, so I did a very Lavek thing to do: I turned my face and shielded my mouth with my hand like I was telling a secret, but instead a blew a very irritated raspberry. 

"PZZT!" he just laughed at me and turned back to the audience.

"In third place, from our Lady of Prepetual Sorrow, the Golden Goblets!" he announced. The Holy Matrimony singers started cheering and hugging each other... I don't know why... they're not even moving to Nationals. Come to think of it... are we moving to Nationals?

"And now, the moment you've all been waiting for," Svengobbles definetely took his sweet century old time giving the results, "The 2012 Midwest Regional Champion," Rachel took my hand and held it up high as we kept out hope up,

"From McKinley High..." was all I needed to hear to totally freak out! We were going to Nationals! All I could think? About damn time, too!

⚥⚥⚥

Backstage, I was packing up all my stuff up, including my change of clothes for the reception, and my sowing equipment; when I suddenly heard a knock on the door.

"Oh hey, Hairgel, didn't think I'd get a chance to see you after your performance," I said to him. Sebastian leaned against the door frame with his arms crossed, a wide smile plastered on his face.

"I got to say, you did really well out there," he said.

"Thanks, so did you, although, I am going to inquire about that little eye spasm on the stage. Sure you don't got something you want to tell me?" I asked.

"Hey, the light caught my eye, I can't help if you mistook it for a wink," he replied. Sure, keep talking Hairgel.

"Right..." I trailed off.

"So... you're going to Nationals," he stated

"Yeah, maybe I'll even bring back a title for my school and a big fat trophy. It'd be nice anyway, not to have to duck a slushy to the face every now and again," I sighed.

"Right, so... when are you going to wipe the floor with my Disney Prince haircut?" he asked, jokingly of course.

"I uh... I think I'm going to let you off the hook about that one, there. Your head is too clogged with hair gel anyway, Hairgel," I replied.

"Huh, yeah. So this is it? I mean after Nationals, I hear your off to New York city," he said. 

"Maybe, I don't know, I haven't recieved my acceptance letter yet," I replied.

"You'll get in. I'm looking at your costume right now, it's amazing. You'll get in," he said.

"Jealous?" I asked and gave a twirl in my fancy skirt. Sebastian laughed again.

"Not really, but that's okay. I'll see you around then?" he asked and extended his arm.

"See you around, Lurch." I replied and shook his hand. A funny thing happened while I did... I didn't want to let go. We had to anyway, I had a wedding to attend.

"Um... tell Rachel and Finn I say congratulations. Good luck at Nationals," he said. I smiled.

"Thanks, good luck with... I don't know what you got planned next, enlighten me," I said. He smiled again and shook his ahead.

"Thanks... you know, you're really incredible Reese. You should give yourself more credit than you think you deserve," he replied.

"Thanks," he was about to leave, when I called him back.

"Could you do me a favor?" I asked him.

"Possibly, what is it?" he asked.

"Do something bad every now and again so I'll have a reason to come back and kick your ass?" he chuckled and nodded.

"Sure. Nothing too extreme though, right?"

"Good boy," when I turned back around to pack up, I heard a whoosh and papers flapping. I turned around and saw a pile of scatterred papers at Sebastian's feet.

"Whoops," oh wow, just... wow. I couldn't help but giggle.

"Alright Lurch, get lost, before I actually start liking you," I said.

"You enjoy being evil like this, don't you?" he asked me.

"Au contraire Hairgel, I'm not evil at all. I'm wicked, and wicked always win," I beamed. And with a small chuckle, he turned and left, his shiny black shoes clickling against the hard tile and echoeing through the halls. I can't believe I'm saying this but... I was actually going to miss Sebastian. My life was a lot more fun with Smythe in it... but of course I'll never tell him that.