25~ Everything is Red

Rule 19: It's okay to look the other way

I sighed, looking through the empty auditorium, which not less than an hour ago, was packed to the brim with people. Marley turned out to be okay, but she was anorexic... I knew something was up when I found laxatives in her bag. 

I had changed out of my dress and into a green top and white skirt, the dress was itchy, and I find I can't think when I'm having material scratching against my skin.

"Is she going to be okay?" I whipped around to see Sebastian standing to the side of the stage, looking quite concerned. I nodded, it was sweet how he was thinking about Marley.

"Yeah, she'll be fine, she just needs to eat something." I replied.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"She was starving herself, and whatever she ate she threw back up." I explained, "It's sickening; girls feel the need to torture their bodies just to feel beautiful," He whistled as he walked over to me.

"Well, tell her I say I'm sorry, and I hope she gets better." he said.

"Thanks, I should be congratulating you, though. The Warblers won by the fault." I said, with a genuine smile.

"Yeah, if I still hated you I would rubbing it in your face. A national champion whose team lost after only one song, that has got to suck." he said.

"Like being nice?" I asked.

"Yeah... like being nice." he replied.

"Hey, can you do me a favor?" I asked him.

"Go ahead." he said.

"Can you please tell Plastic Surgery to lay off with the dirty looks? He was aiming them in my direction the entire night. I felt as though I had maybe hit his mother with a car or something." I asked. Sebastian chuckled and nodded.

"Well, can you blame him? I think you're the first person who's ever defied him." he said.

"Ugh, and I won't be the last. Trust me." I replied.

"I know. Good ol' Reese Lavek is going to show up again and cause mischief," he said.

"Uh -- look who's talking," I said.

"I'm not as bad as you," he replied.

"You'd like to think that," I said, "But in actuality, you were just in training for your moron-wings,"

"That's not nice." he replied.

"I try." I beamed back.

"Yeah... so -- when do you go back to the Big Apple?" he asked.

"Tomorrow. My train leaves at eight thirty." I replied.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'll miss you around here. Life's more fun when you're around." he said.

"Really? I thought after the last time we saw each other you'd be counting down the seconds for me to head back." I replied.

"No, I was impressed. I should've seen it coming though; there's no messing with Reese Lavek, especially when it comes to revenge." he said. I just chuckled.

"Yeah... right" a comfortable silence filled the room, it was nice, he wasn't being a dummy and I wasn't being a bitch.

"Listen, while I was waiting for the results to be announced earlier, I thought about a song I thought you would like to sing." he said. I looked at him with a confused look.

"You want me to sing a song... with you?" I asked. He nodded.

"If you want to, it's not a duel it's just..."