51~ I Will Always Love You the Most

I couldn't bear to take my skateboard over to his house, mostly because I knew in my frightened state of mind, I'd probably tumble over and mark up my face.

The walk seemed to go on forever, and honestly I wish it would've just so I wouldn't have to do this. It's like I was making a broken promise to this lost boy. I think after this I'm going to need a shrink, like a real good one.

I shuffled up to the door, with my heart lurching in my throat and the contents of my stomach threatening to spill out. I felt so sick.

I knocked on the door three times, waited ten seconds, and then Sebastian opened up the door. He had dirt on his face, a white t-shirt, and grey sweat pants with a mud stain on the left knee.

"Hey, you're early." he said.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I-I can see you just got back from practice." I replied.

"No that's alright, come on in."

"No. That's not a good idea. You'd want me to leave after this visit." I said.

"Leave? Why? You're sounding like you want to break up or something?" he chuckled, then he could see I wasn't laughing.

"Reese? You-you're joking right? You don't want to break up do you?" he asked. Oh my god, this is so hard.

"This will be easier on the both of us if I just do all the talking and you just listen." I said.

"Okay...talk then." he replied.

"Well, you and I are what seem people may call...two ships that pass in the night. I made a mistake, and I can't fix it without hurting somebody I care for so much. To tell the truth, when I agreed to go out with you...I had just gotten out of a break-up with a boy who I thought loved me the way a husband loves his new bride...but then I found out he was cheating on me. I was heart broken, and when I came to confront you that day at Dalton, I didn't realise it then but...I was just using you as a-a rebound for my ache. And that's not fair for you. You are a wonderful, amazing boy with a huge heart. But I haven't been a good girlfriend to you. I think we should just do the mature thing here." it was like one lie was coming out after the next. I felt like Jim Carrey in Liar Liar.

Sebastian sighed and leaned against the door frame.

"Why are you lying to me?" he asked.

"I'm not lying."

"About three days ago, you were telling me about how Hunter threatened to break us up, and now this? I don't believe you." he said.

"I'm not lying. But I'm not lying when I say that-that..I will always love you the most. You are a wonderful boy, the best of the best, and I can't wait to see you make it big in New York, I know you will." I replied.

"I-I applied to New York to be with you. Yes, I was excited to make it to the acting department, but I was most looking foreward to was being with you. I love you." he said. He was angry, you could tell because his teeth became clenched and his hands started to clench. Would he hit me?

"Please, don't make me feel even worse about this than I already do. Please." I begged.

"No, see if you did feel bad, you wouldn't be this discreet or just show up here out of the blue!" he snapped.

"Sebastian, listen I love you. And trust me I am doing this for a very good reason." I said.

"Oh yeah? What's the reason?" he asked.

"I can't tell you. But if fate has a destiney for us one day, than I hope we can one day have a reconnection. It would be amazing if it were in New York, or even before you graduate." I replied with a hopeful smile.

"Maybe we won't. Good luck in New York." after that, he slammed the door in my face. I felt like I just watched my mother get hit by car and I wasn't able to help. My heart was split, half with sorrow, the other with rage.

-

The only pleace I felt like I could go was back to McKineley, and sit under the bleachers until I died from frostbite. Tear streaks stained my face, my make-up was smudged to no end, my head was pounding, and I wanted to kill myself again. But how could anybody destroy someone's life and be satisfied with that? What joy do people get form seeing their peers suffer? They obviously need mental health attention and massive help from the looney bin, and that's where I'd happily send Plastic Surgery.

"Reese? Reese." that wasn't Rachel, of course it wasn't, she's in New York and preparing for her dumb Funny Girl audition. Kurt and Blaine would have little to no idea what's even happening, and nobody else knows my hideout. Only one person did,

Finn.

"God, hi." I swiped away my tears before he could notice, but I was stupid to think that he didn't know something was wrong. He sat down with me on the cold grass, putting his arm around my shoulders.

"Rachel called me, she's been trying to get in touch with you. I knew where you liked to come when you're upset." he said.

"Or annoyed, more likely annoyed than upset." I told him.

"Well still...she told me about what's been going on." what? She did what?

"She told you about me and...really?" I asked him. He nodded slowly, my heart was cracking again.

"Oh my God, I'm sorry Finn. I didn't mean to hurt anybody, what happened was beyond my control but...but I loved him and then I hurt him and...and I fell like such an idiot!" I exclaimed.

"You're not an idiot, Reese. You make mistakes, we all do. But you can fix them too." he said.

"I can't fix this! If I do than the reason we broke up will come back and Sebastian will be humiliated and I...I don't even know what to do anymore." I said.

"Tell you what, I'll sit here with you as long as you need, we'll come up with a solution together. But first, you have to tell me the whole story." he said.

"Everything?" I asked.

"From beginning to end." he replied

"Oh boy, where to begin?"

"From the beginning of course."

"Don't edit me, alright then, I guess it all started when I made the dumb mistake of going with Blaine to Dalton Academy..."

-

Sebastian's POV

I stormed into school the next day practically fuming. I knew Reese was lying about what me being her 'rebound', and I knew Hunter scared her into lying.

Hunter was with the archery club, but I ended it when I grabbed him by his school tie and dragged him into the library.

"Ow! You are strangling me Sebastian!" he protested. I didn't listen, I just kicked the door shut and slammed him against the wall.

"The girl I love just dumped me on my ass out of the blue last night. And I know that you had something to do with it. Why? Why can't you stand Reese?" I growled at him.

"I find her incredibly irritating and she has the maturity level of a teenager." he replied.

"She is a teenager! Just like you and I! You had no right to medle in my personal life." I said.

"I have done nothing wrong, you have no proof that I did anything to make Reese change her mind about you. Maybe she just wasn't interested in dating a bisexual weenie." he replied.

"If I find out that you had anything to do with Reese dumping me, I'll make sure that you hang in a closet." after that, I stormed out of the library, kicking a table to release my rage.

Reese and I are exes, we're strangers, we're not even friends. We're just two ships that pass in the night...