Joel.

I jump a bit as someone's shoulders grab mine "you ready man?" Mitch says. I slowly nod and continue to tie up my skates. "You'll be fine"he assures me "where the hell is my skittles?" He yells into the chaotic dressing room.

"Don't stress man, it's just another game"Ben, another rookie who was drafted this year says to me.

"Just another game? Sure man. Just another game against the Stanley cup champs"I raise my eyebrows at him and he sighs.

"I was trying to lighten the mood and help you get out of your head"

"Sorry, it's just"

"No need to say anymore. I understand. Did you talk to Aust about it?" I nodded "and did it help"

"A bit, you know he's shit at pep talks"Ben nods a bit agreeing.

"Let's go!" Mike yells into the dressing room and we all finish getting ready. I grab my stick after I was done and tighten my hands around it.

" lets go!" Mitch yells as I pass him heading into the tunnel. I was walking behind Auston through the tunnel. The lights beamed down on us as we skated onto the rink. The surreal feeling of hearing the crowd scream never got tiring, it was something that would always be a good but deafening sound to my ears.

The first line wasn't scheduled for puck drop so I was standing on the bench as the two national anthems were sung. I spent this time usually trying to get out of my own head. That's something that happened quite a lot, I got into my own head during games. It was bad for me, especially since it could trigger a panic attack, something you don't wanna have during a hockey game this important. After the anthems, the players skated around the ice rink. I take a seat, my stick in my hands, my leg bouncing up and down.

"Relax"A trainer says, squeezing my shoulder. I nod a bit and William nudges me. He talks to me as the puck drops, knowing that I was freaking out. In a quick second we were switching lines, I was up. I skated onto the ice immediately and followed Connor as he had the puck.

Let's get this over with.

Three periods later and we had last 4-3, I was the one that scored those three goals but we raced against the clock and couldn't even tie the game up. Like after every loosing game Mike gave a small pep talk that we all listened too and afterwards he gave us time to change out of our gear.

"Don't sweat it man, you carried the team today"Auston says, sitting beside me.

"I could've tied it" I tell him.

"You could've, I could've. Someone else could've. It ain't your fault Joel, we fucked up"he shrugs.

"Your sucking at the pep talk thing"I inform the former rookie.

He laughs "what I'm saying is, we didn't get swept hardcore. You still got some amazing moves in and got the goals. Don't sweat it"

"Hey Matts, you coming?" Mitch asks. "I'd invite you Joel but you can't drink yet. Sorry rooks" Us four rookies give the finger to Mitch, he chuckles. Auston pats my shoulder.

"Don't beat ya self up kid, it ain't worth it. You win some you lose some, it's life"he tells me. I nod and I watch as him and Mitch walk out.

"You know, he truly isn't getting better with those stupid pep talks" Liam chuckles as the three of us walk out "you wanna head to mine and chill?" Liam asks.

"I'm in"Ben says.

I shake my head immediately, "I need to clear my head for a bit than head home"

"You sure man?" Ben asks as we walk out of Scotiabank Arena. I nod. "I don't wanna wake up tomorrow morning and turn the tv on to the news to see that Toronto Maple Leafs new hot rookie, rushed to the hospital for panic attack"I whack Ben over the head.