Chloe.

"Hey guys welcome to my home" I smile as I allow the camera man to step in. I was filming my house for a new show coming up on HGTV. I shut the door behind the camera man.

"Again welcome to the always loud Lane household"I chuckle "A little back story of this house"I say and lean on the table right in front of the door "Joel and I had wanted to build our own house slash dream house when we got married I think just because this is the place we're always gonna stay, I mean the two of us hardly moved houses as kids so we wanted our kids to grow up in one home as well. But yea we designed this whole thing and let me tell you, it was tough"I straighten up "but anyways, follow me" I beckon.

"We are gonna go through the formal living room, which is mostly used for meetings with The Lane Foundation or my meetings with Bloch Canada"I tell them and continue to walk through "so really this is hardly ever used and has no purpose, it's really hard to have this room clean because the kids are just Chaotic and rough house a lot" I smile as I talk them to the dinning room.

"Here is where we eat when we have guests over for dinner, like our families or the team and their wives or girlfriends and all that jazz"

"Walking out to here is like I guess a hidden pantry where I store all the junk food and like plastic bowls and plates and such, this is really for the kids because the family room is right here" I stretch out my arms, "this is the busiest place in the whole house besides the basement, we've got toys everywhere. Clearly"I move my hand around and chuckle "we spend a lot of time in here, wether it's playing with the kids, homework or watching the game. It's almost never empty unless we're sleeping"

"Fun fact on this mantel we've got on of Joel's first NHL goals, my first pair of ballet shoes and first pictures of all of the kids" I say as I point them out.

I continue to show them through the kitchen and eating area, I even show them outside in our backyard, with loads of hockey gear sprawled our everywhere, even two nets set up. I then take them downstairs into the basement which was more like another bachelor pad I guess you could say, Joel and some of the boys like to hang out down there, the twins even play mini sticks. I show them all the jersey's Joel has had since he was in the juniors, I show them the small gym, the play room and then I head back upstairs.

After the house tour was over and everyone had left, I had gotten a call from Bennett and Simon's school, telling me that Bennett had been sent to the nurses office. I was headed out the front door within seconds, calling Joel from the car "hello?" I hear him yawn as I back out of our driveway, making sure I have Bennett's health card just in case.

"I know I woke you up but the boys school called and said Bennett had been sent to the nurses office"

"What? What else did they say?" He asks, obviously more awake by the sudden info.

"That was all, I'm heading there now"

"Okay well call me back if he needs to go to the hospital"

"Okay, you should try to get some sleep"

"You think I'm going to sleep after all that?" I roll my eyes.

"I don't want you to be tired"

"I'll be fine, I'm not worried about how poorly I'll play tonight, I'm worried about my son Chlo"

"Okay okay, I'll call you back soon"

"Okay, I love you" I nod slowly and grip the steering wheel tighter.

"I love you too" and with that we hung up. I pulled up to the boys school ten minutes later and immediately rushed to the offices.

The nurse had led me into one of the rooms in their office and there laid Bennett, coughing and wheezing "oh Benny"I sigh as he slowly sits up. I kneel down beside him and touch his forehead.