Joel.

TMLUpdates Last night the Lane family said goodbye to their lovely doggie

TMLUpdates Last night the Lane family said goodbye to their lovely doggie. Giving all of our love and support to them during this hard time.

It wasn't until I skated onto the ice for practice that I noticed how tired I was. Chloe and I had gotten back to the apartment at around three am, she crashed immediately as for me I laid in bed for almost an hour or two realizing how quiet it was because usually I'd hear little feet moving from time to time but tonight was different. As I left for practice this morning, I had left with Chloe still sleeping. Steph said she would come over with Sam to keep her company.

Practice was always something that ended up cheering me up with all the energy and positivity the team gave out everyday it wasn't hard not to crack a smile.

"Top left!"Liam calls as he shoots the puck over to me, I angle my body to slap shot it towards the net but I scooped it to high and it ended up soaring above the net and breaking one of the glass just past Liam. The two of us immediately cracking up, a few claps were heard and sticks banging on the ice. Liam laughs as he starts to clear the glass, I skate over to Liam and throw my arms around him and we rough house before helping clear the glass and get back to practice.

It was after practice when most of us did some interviews. I did mine in the dressing room "So we got to see some light playful joking around today during practice"someone comments. I laugh and nod "what was going on there?"

I chuckle and shake my head, rubbing the back of my neck "Liam and I were working on some slap shots for fun and well i aimed to high and broke the glass"I shrug.

"Is it's your first time breaking the glass at practice?" Someone asks.

"I've always been afraid to but you gotta do it at least once"I shrug.

"Your friendship with Liam has always been something that Toronto has favoured, possibly uping Auston and Mitch. So how was the dynamic between you two evolved over the years?"someone asks.

"Uh I mean we have such a long history, going all the way back to OHL and everything. Being drafted into a hometown team with a long time friend was definitely something. I support him and vice versa. Our families are such great friends as well so it's been great getting to play in our home city together. And he's always around at my house and it's just a great time"I compliment.

"With your next game coming up against Tampa, how is it going to be welcoming Ben home?" Someone from the far back asks.

Ben had been sadly traded before our season started to Tampa Bay "it's definitely gonna be a special one, he's been such a great asset to when he was Leaf, he was one of the boys that helped us win a cup so I think welcoming him home for the first time since he's been gone it's gonna be an emotional night. Toronto loves him, our team still obviously loves him, it's definitely gonna be hard to see him in a different jersey and playing against us"I nod.