Chloe.

I wake up to a jump, my eyes immediately open and I turn over to see Joel sitting up "Joel, honey"I say my voice a little hard. I turn on the lamp on the nightstand closest to me and turn back to him.

"Joel, breathe" I instruct. I grab a water bottle off of the nightstand and hand it to him. I rub his back as I watch him slowly open the bottle with shaking hands. He brings it up to his mouth and sips it, shaking.

"Joel, breathe" I instruct again as I lean my chin on his shoulder, I continue to rub his back. We sit there in silence and I listen to his breathing even out. "Okay?" I ask him as I look at him. He nods slowly "would you like some meds?" He shakes his head and lets out a long sigh.

I had only started to experience Joel's panic attacks and frankly I was having a hard time staying calm, I didn't want him to have to watch me panic about him having a panic attack. The first time he had a panic attack in front of me, he was a mess. Like a crying mess, I didn't know what the hell to do but I could only hold him. And once he had fallen asleep I called his mom immediately and she gave me some tips to help him calm down.

"Are you sure your okay baby?" I ask him again as he takes another shaky swing of his water. He nods.

"I'm fine, I promise" I kiss his cheek. "Thank you"

"Don't thank me"I whisper and he kisses my forehead. He hands me the bottled water and I place it back on the nightstand. He slowly gets out of bed "where are you going?" I ask.

"I just, a run"

"Joel"he comes around the bed to my side "I don't think"

"I use to do it all the time after nightly panic attacks, I'll be fine. Just around the block. Please go back to bed"

"Joel"

"I'll be fine"He kisses my forehead and than cheek. "I love you"

I sigh "I love you too" I tell him as he grabs his headphones and running shoes and walks out of the bedroom. I listen for the front door to close after it opened and I sigh loudly.

I was half asleep when I heard Joel come back into the apartment, I had pretended to be asleep when he walked in. After a few minutes he slide back into bed with me, I noticed he had on a shirt now. His arms wrap around me and I turn around, nestling my head into his chest. He kisses the top of head and the two of us fall right asleep.

The next morning, I had woken up before Joel, which was expected of him considering the rough night he had with a hockey game and a panic attack and not to mention the two panic attacks he had in the afternoon. I took a shower and got ready, I wanted to let Joel sleep in for as long as he needed because we'd be travelling all night anyways. But I knew that Joel would be asleep on the plane as well anyways. After my shower I put on a pair of black leggings, and a white knitted sweater and did my typical makeup routine.

Afterwards I had went to make some breakfast, it was just a simple breakfast toast and scrambled eggs. I answered some texts I had and I even called Joel's mom.

"Chloe dear, hello"

"hi tessa, I've got a Joel problem"

"What did my son do, I'll whip his ass"

"Oh no, he did nothing. It's just he had a panic attack last night"

"Oh dear"She sighs.

"I thought I'd let you know"

"Thank you, I had told him to keep up with his meds"The apartment door opens and in steps Liam and Ben. I put my finger to my mouth and they nod slowly. "Please keep a close eye on him during your vacation. I don't think he should go but he deserves this break"