Joel.

I quickly check my phone as I finished lacing my skates, Chloe had told me that she was with my mom today at her building. Mom had finally made a decision about giving chloe a chance, she wasn't gonna say no we all knew that. Mom loves Chloe.

Seeing no new text from neither of them, I throw my phone in my bag and stand up, grabbing gloves "Let's go! On the ice boys!" Coach yells and I grab my stick.

"Don't stress, chloe probably knows what she's doing, she graduated early. And plus your mom
loves her"Liam assures me as he adjusts his glove beside me. I nod.

"I know, I'd still like to know what the hell is going on"He chuckles.

"They probably think your in practice and don't want to bother you"He shrugs and I nod, agreeing.

Swinging the apartment door open, Chestnut greats me and than the smell of food hits me. I stand up, dropping my bag my the door and turning a bit to see Chloe cooking "Grandma? grandpa?" I ask, they were seated at the island counter with mom. They both smile at me. I give them both a hug.

"How are you son?" Grandpa asks. I nod as he pats my back.

"I'm good"I nod and he squeezes my shoulder "What are you guys doing in town?" I ask as Granddad retakes his seat. In the corner of my eye I catch chloe, she was texting someone. Her face said it all, she was not liking whatever seemed to be on her screen right now.

"We thought we'd come for a visit, can't we visit our favourite grandson?" I roll my eyes at my grandma "now, I hear your always hungry after a good practice. Our treat" Grandpa smiles.

"Sure"I nod.

"Chloe dear, you can join us too. I'd love to get to know you" Grandma smiles and we all turn to chloe. Chloe looks up and forces a smile, Mom looks at me and I give her a small shrug.

"I would really love too Mr and Mrs Lane, but it looks as thought I have to pay a visit back home"

"Everything alright?" I ask. She nods.

"Just some family stuff" I nod. Mom secretly tells us to go and leave and talk. I excuse myself to take a shower and wait for chloe as she enters the bedroom.

"What is it?" I ask immediately as she closes the door behind Chestnut.

"My parents and Caspian"

"Caspian?" I still hadn't found the whole story of why her eldest brother lived on the other side of the pond, I didn't wanna prey. It wasn't my place to ask.

"It's super complicated and I wish I could tell you everything now"I grab one of my duffle bags as I see her grab some clothes, I place the bag on the bed "but Lucie is freaking out and I gotta be there"I nod.

"Okay you go do what you gotta do"

"Please tell your grandparents I'm really sorry"she sighs and I kiss her head.

"I'm sure they understand, plus they'll be to watch me play again when we're in the finals"I smirk. She chuckles.

"Cocky much?" She asks "your good with Chestnut or should I bring him home?"

"Maybe Lu would love to see him again"she smiles at my nickname for her.

"Now go shower, you stink"we kiss once more before she pushes me into the bathroom. I chuckle.

"I love you, I'll FaceTime you after the game"she nods.

"I love you too" she says with a smile and zips up the duffle bag after packing her emergency toiletry bag.