Chloe.

I lean back into Joel's side as my family each opens up their gifts from me, he wraps an arm around my stomach and kisses the top of my head.

"A new briefcase"Dad smiles.

"Oh thank god, I was gonna get him one but I didn't have enough money"Lucie says.

"What's wrong with my one right now?" Dad asks. Alex and I share a look.

"Dad, when we were kids you had a tuna sandwich in their for months and now your briefcase smells like tuna"Alex laughs as he shoots his wrapping paper into the huge garbage bag.

"Huh, is it really that bad?" Dad asks around and I hear Joel stifle a laugh.

"Yes dear"Mom pats his cheek.

"I needed new cleats, thanks sis"Alex says to me. I nod.

"Joel actually helped me pick them out, says their best on the market isn't that right babe?" I look up at him and Joel nods.

"Thanks man" Joel shrugs. "I guess having Joel around is good because your Christmas gifts to me are actually worthy" I narrow my eyes at him. Mom had opened up her gift which was another Alex and Ani bracelet. I had gotten Lucie another matching necklace charm for our matching necklaces. Overall I think my family loved their gifts. And even the small gifts that Joel had gifted them which he had snuck into my bag of gifts before we left my apartment.

luciefisher annual PJ and waffle tradition with my sista sista

Tagged chloefisher
📸joellane

samanthalane have you and chloe been making Joel take all your pictures because if so a) I don't believe it because it's so aesthetic and b) he refuses to take pics of me and Cassidy.
marner_93 I've been telling everyone that he takes lessons from Steph!!!
kalanileblanc I've always loved this tradition, merry Christmas extended fam!!
auston_matthews Joel taking all the pics? Sounds like whipped to me.....

As tradition, mom cooked our Christmas dinner. I had always asked her if she needed help but she assured she was fine, loving the fact that she cooks the whole dinner. Even Joel tried to help but she waved us away and sent us to go watch Christmas movies with the rest of my family. Joel and I had taken the loveseat as my family sat on the main couch, we were watching A Christmas Carol, our third movie as I watched Joel text his family members a Merry Christmas. He had FaceTimed them earlier today when we finished opening our own gifts. I was laying on my back, with a blanket draped over my legs and my head on Joel's lap. I reach for my own phone underneath the blanket and scroll through the pictures Lucie had taken of Joel and I.

In the corner of my eye I could see Joel put his phone down and play with my hair "ouu I like that one, send that to me"I nod and send the picture he told me to, to him. I find a good picture and decide to post it as well.