Joel.

9 years later.

📍St Louis, Missourisimonlane caught trying to sneak food into the newly renovated bathroom😂😂 tagged bennettlane

📍St Louis, Missouri
simonlane caught trying to sneak food into the newly renovated bathroom😂😂
tagged bennettlane

📍St Louis, Missourisimonlane caught trying to sneak food into the newly renovated bathroom😂😂 tagged bennettlane

📍Toronto, Ontario
audreylane grabbed some ice cream instead of packing to head back to our second home.
tagged mabellane

"Well the girls are finishing packing, of course last minute"Chloe chuckles.

"I don't understand why you guys still need to pack when you've got clothes here"I announce. Chloe rolls her eyes and tucks a newly cut piece of her brown hair behind her ears, her hair was just a bit past her shoulders.

"You boys will never understand" She smiles.

"What time is your flight anyways?" I ask as I move through the bedroom and start to head downstairs.

"Eight, it's only five right now. We'll be leaving soon, six maybe"

"Okay sounds good, text me when your boarding"

"Will do, love you"She smiles.

"Love you too"I smile back and we hang up the FaceTime call.

It was usual for me and the boys to fly down to St Louis before the girls before the new season started. I had been with the leafs till I was 31. 12 years with the Toronto Maple Leafs, Of course it was bittersweet to leave Toronto but at the same time I was excited to see what else was in store, there were hard parts about moving, one of them was telling the kids and having them adjust to live in St Louis. The other was probably saying goodbye to the organization itself, the organization had done so much for me and I will always be grateful for what they've done. And of course the fans, they to me will always be the best fans in the whole league no matter what team I play for.