3.

"Don't go against the grain, simple and plain." - Nas

Khadijah

As I'm sitting in the closet I hear a man whose voice sounds so familiar. "Come on out Dijah." He said in a cold voice that meant business.

I looked around the closet to find something I could fight him off with, because I knew it was a matter of time before he opened this door. Who is this...he knows my nickname so it's someone I know.

I had the gun but I didn't want to shoot him, especially if I didn't know what he was after. This could be a set up, I wanted to knock him out and tie him up. I grabbed a pair of my Louis Vuitton heels so I can knock him out with the heel. Just as I got a good grip on the shoe the closet door was kicked in, it's go time.

I jumped up and swung the shoe at his head. He had on a mask but I got him good with the shoe. He fell back stumbling so I pistol whipped him with the gun. He fell completely to the ground but he reached for something in his jacket. I ran over to him to hit him again but as I approached him he sprayed me with something and all of a sudden the room was spinning and I went unconscious.

*****

"Bitch get up!" I heard as a hand slapped across my face. I screamed loudly but the tape over my mouth smothered the sound as tears of pain and confusion rolled down my face. I looked around at my surroundings and I could tell that I was in a basement. There were guns all around the wall and the smell in here was awful, it smelled like a death chamber or something. I looked towards the steps that lead up to a door, if only I could get up and run.

"When I take this tape off, you better not scream or I will punch the shit out of you, you got that?" He said cleaning a gun.

I nodded my head as I stared in his piercing eyes. I know this man...who is it? I asked myself. He stepped towards me and ripped the tape off of my face, I locked my lips together so I didn't scream.

"Now....where is that money?" He asked me running his finger over my face. I have no idea what money he is talking about.

"What? What money?"

"Don't play dumb Dijah!" He yelled bending to my level.

I began to cry. "Please don't hurt me, I don't know what you're talking about I swear!"

He started chuckling like he didn't believe a word I was saying. I didn't know what he wanted from me but I didn't know nothing bout no damn money.

"Ok I see you wanna hold ya mans down and shit, but that ain't gone do shit but get you killed. So Imma ask you one more time.....where is the fuckin' mon-" Right before he could finish his sentence a phone call came in, and it was my phone he had in his pocket.

"Haha, this yo Lil boyfriend right here. You better act normal and tell him a friend of his came by and was looking for some money." He threatened holding his freshly cleaned gun to my head.

"Hello?" I answered

"Where you at?" Trey yelled in the phone. I looked up at the man and he looked at me like he's trying to tell me to make up a lie.

"I'm at my friends house." I lied wanting to cry and tell Trey to come rescue me. No matter how upset I am with him, he was my hero, and my rock and I know he's there when I need him.