8.

Okay y'all! 300 reads come through!!!! Lol that may not seem like a lot to some, but it means A LOT to me. I wanna thank my day ones who read my book, and this update is for y'all. Let's get this number up y'all! I do it for you guys and when I opened my book and seen 300 reads I damn near cried😂. But let's increase together! #muahhh -UrbanGlitter😇

"Do you remember who you were to me? 'Cause I do." ❤️ - Jhene Aiko

Khadijah

I woke up to the sound of laughter throughout the house. Must be the guys. I looked to the left of me, and lying there was the beautiful, Lyric. She made me so happy even though I don't really know her. Looking at her makes me think about my mom, she's beautiful just like her. She has those same pretty brown eyes, little pug nose, and Lord don't get me started on that smile.

It's still hard for me to believe that after all these years I ran into my brother at Wal-Mart. Out of all places. I can't help but think that my mom had something to do with this, and I know she's smiling down from heaven happy that her babies are finally reunited.

As happy as I was that Korie and Lyric were here, I still couldn't shake the thought that someone was out to get me. The past few days have been so rough for me, first the home invasion and the kidnapping, then a note left in my mailbox. And the thought of someone watching my every move sent shivers through my body.

"Lyric, you hungry?" I cooed tickling her sides. She didn't move, her body moved up and down as she breathed steadily with her arms all over the place. Wild sleeper, just like her dad, I thought and laughed a little to myself. Just as I got up and entered the bathroom to begin my hygiene my phone buzzed indicating I had a text message. I walked out the bathroom to grab my phone off of my nightstand.

Unknown: Isn't that nice, getting aquatinted with that beautiful niece of yours. You guys favor a lot. 9:47 a.m.

I stared at the message for a while before I looked around the room, looking for anything that looked out of place or unfamiliar. How the hell was this person seeing me?

I shook Lyric making those big brown eyes flutter open.

"Good morning." She yawned.

"Good morning sweetie," I said pulling her up from the bed, "did you sleep good?"

She eagerly shook her head, and looked around the room. "Where's Daddy?"

"He's downstairs with Uncle Trey, how about we brush our teeth and wash up then go join them for breakfast?" I suggested, pushing her now wild hair back out of her face.

"Okay!" She excitedly ran to the bathroom and stood on the toilet to turn on the water.

I pulled out an extra tooth brush from under the sink and put toothpaste on it, while assisting her with brushing her teeth I felt a presence behind me. I turned around thinking it was Trey or Korie but no one was there.

After we finished our hygiene I brushed her hair into a neat high pony tail, grabbed my phone, and we headed downstairs.

"Daddddddyyy!!!" Lyric ran to the couch and jumped on Korie's lap to plant kisses all over his face.

"Good morning to you too baby," Korie said laughing at Lyric kissing her cheek. "I see your auntie got you together this morning." He said turning to smile at me. Your auntie, I loved it.