52.

Korie

I walked down the hall towards Mo's room with knots forming, twisting and turning in my stomach.

When I got to the room, I grabbed the handle, and took a deep breath before opening the door.

Slowly walking in, I noticed Mo blankly staring out the window. As my eyes traveled down, I noticed the restraints on her wrists and ankles, connected to the bed rails.

I wiped the tear that escaped my eye as I inched closer to her.

"How you doin' baby?" I touched her arm making her jump.

She looked at me with eyes I've never seen before, she was lost.

"You don't remember me?" I pulled a chair to her bedside and sat in it.

She didn't reply, she just turned her attention back to the window and just like that she was back in a trance.

I looked down at my hands before pinching the bridge of my nose and clenching my jaw.

"I'm Korie, your boyfriend. I have a daughter named Lyric and she is a mess, a hot one. But I love her, and you do too. She adores you and asks about you twenty four seven if you're not around, kind of like how she's out there doing now." I laughed a bit. "I remember when I first met you and I didn't like you, I was so mean, we all went go carting and I paid for everyone except you. Then I ran you into the wall when we were actually on the race track." I took in a deep breath. "But then I started to see how real and genuine you were, to my sister, which is your best friend by the way." She shifted in the bed trying to get comfortable, but the restraints weren't a big help.

"Part of me wishes-"

"Hey, how is she?" Dijah peeked in with a small smile.

"Uh, she's cool, I was just talkin' to her trying to get her to remember some things."

"Oh, well Lyric is getting very impatient out there and she said she's hungry." She giggled.

"Ight, here I come."

"K." She sent a smile my way and walked out closing the door.

"Look, I love you. That will never change, I'm sorry you in this mess but I promise you when you get out of here we moving. We can go wherever you want, and just start over, you just say the word." I stood up before bending down to place a kiss on her forehead, then her cheek. "I love you Monique."

I put the chair back in it's original spot and headed back to the waiting room.

"How she doin'?" Trey stood up.

"She not talkin', I don't even know if she listening." I grabbed Lyric's hand.

"She listening bruh, just give it time." Trey dapped me up.

"I'm headed back to the resort to get my stuff and Lyric's and Mo's, then get her some food," I pointed down to Lyric, "I'll catch up with y'all in a minute."

I dapped everyone up and hugged Trinity as Khadijah made her way back to see Mo.

"Daddy, can we get ice cream?" Lyric looked up at me and smiled.

"It depends on what kind you want." I teased.

"Strawberry! Duhh!" She giggled.

"My girl." I looked down and fist bumped her.

"Oh shit my apologies," I said as I bumped into someone. "You straight?"

"I am now," she batted her eyelashes and played with the ends of her hair.