65.

December 14, 2015

Mo

I walk into the restaurant holding my clutch on the inside of my arm, and looking around for Tasha. I spotted her sitting in a booth in the far left corner, so I headed in her direction.

I took my coat off and sat it on the seat before sliding into the opposite side of the booth, staring at her in disgust.

"Good afternoon." She folded her arms on the table and looked at her watch. "We agreed on two-fifteen, you're about twenty minutes late, I was about to leave."

"But you didn't, anyway, let's get straight to business. Are you pregnant? Yes or no."

She scoffed and stood up lifting her shirt. "Yes, a month and a half to be exact."

"Bitch for all I know that could be food sittin' in that gut. I want proof, papers, tests." I listed off things as I held up a finger for each one.

She dug into her purse and pulled out a creme colored folder sliding it over to me. I looked at her, never breaking contact as I grabbed the folder off of the table. I opened it and began reading it.

"Okay, this is a paper saying you're pregnant, eight weeks..." I tossed the folder in her direction and shrugged my shoulders. "Anybody could've typed this up."

"If you're gonna be this difficult I might as well not even waste my time."

"Difficult?" I scoffed and let out a light chuckle. "You come to me telling me you're pregnant with my mans child and you have the nerve to say I'm being difficult? You want me to just jump and say 'yay okay my man cheated, and is having another baby?'" I questioned her while tilting my head.

"Do you want me to call him?" She asked.

"No, I will." I pulled out my phone and dialed his number. It rang several times before he answered.

"Hello." He answered in a rushed tone.

"Did you cheat on me?"

"What?" I heard him shifting and moving around on the other end of the line.

"Did. You. Cheat. On. Me."

"No, where is this coming from?"

"Tasha is eight weeks pregnant and she's claiming it's yours. I need an explanation and right now or I swear to Go-"

"Mo-"

"Yes or fucking no!"

"Yes, but-"

The phone slid from my ear along with the tears that cascaded down my face. I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of seeing me cry but what else is there to do when the man that you know and love is having a baby with another woman?

"I'll keep in touch with you." She smirked and got up walking away.

I sat there for a few more minutes gathering my thoughts and thinking as my phone continued to ring and buzz with notifications from most likely Korie.

But no matter what he says, nothing can get him out of this one. It's over.

I threw some money on the table for the drink she ordered, and headed out the door.

When I got in my car I stared out the front windshield as I replayed the situation in my head over and over. I began hitting the steering wheel and screaming. I started feeling dizzy so I laid my head on the steering wheel as I wept.