32.

Korie

"Daddy where's Mo?" Lyric asked as she played with her barbies.

"She's at auntie Trinity's house."

"Why?"

"Because that's where she wants to be." I finished fixing her plate of macaroni and chicken.

"She doesn't want to be with us?" She pushed her Barbies aside and looked at me with sad eyes.

I knew Lyric would start questioning Mo's where abouts, because she went from seeing her nearly everyday to not seeing her at all.

It's been a month since she's left and she hasn't called or came around, the only people she'd hang around was Dijah, Trey, Trinity, and Mark.

"It's not that baby, it's just...sometimes grown ups need time apart because they need space from one another." I explained.

"Ohhhh, how much space does she need?"

"That's something she would have to tell you." I dug into my food.

We ate in a comfortable silence for the rest of dinner, before Lyric headed upstairs to get ready for bed.

As I was washing dishes I heard my phone ring so I dried my hands off and pulled it out my pocket.

I read the caller ID said Mark, so I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Yo, wassup? We all tryna go out tonight, you down?"

"Who is we?"

"The gang nigga." He laughed. "Mo's gonna be there." He cooed.

"Nah man, I got Lyric."

"Trinity ain't goin' she said she got some papers to finish up, I'm sure she wouldn't mind watchin' her."

"I'm not about to throw Lyric on Trinity especially if she got some school work to finish." I put the phone on speaker and dried the dishes.

"Nigga it's goin' on 9 o'clock, you think Lyric about to be up? Just call her and stop bein' stubborn." He hung up and I sighed before dialing Trinity's number.

"Hey Korie what's up? She answered tiredly.

"I woke you up?"

"Nah, I'm just workin' on some assignments and it's makin' my head hurt like hell."

"Oh okay, well I'll let you go, I ain't mean to disturb you."

"Korie," she laughed, "you never call me so I know you want something."

"Well Mark called me and said everybody was goin' out, but you was stayin' home. I wanted to know if you could watch Lyric."

"Sure, I love Lyric, just bring her by before you leave, she can stay the night."

"Thank you so much Trin, I'll be there in about a hour."

We ended the call, and I went upstairs to pack Lyric an overnight bag.

"Wanna go to aunt Trin's?" I peeked into Lyric's room.

"Yes!" She jumped up in her bed.

"Okay, slide on some shoes and when I get ready we'll leave."

I left her room and hopped into the shower. After 25 minutes I was all done and ready to step out. I put on some black jeans and a burgundy Polo pullover. I wore my Bordeaux Jordan Retro 12's, my gold Rolex, and my gold bottom grill. I brushed my hair to get my waves on swim and headed to Lyric's room.