12.

Y'all we are SOOO close to 1K reads🤩 thank you!
Enjoy my lovelies😌❤️

Khadijah

After leaving the club last night it's like my drunken state went away completely, I was in awe by what had happened. Mo and I talked all night long at the bar, and even exchanged numbers. We had planned on hanging out today to talk about things that occurred in our lives after we split, and I was so excited.

"Babe, have you seen my old jewelry box? I kept it at the top of the closet but I can't find it now." I asked Trey as he walked out of the bathroom.

"It's in one of those boxes you packed up when you were apparently leaving me." He snickered.

"Haha very funny." I said rolling my eyes and looking through the box. Found it.

"So you gone tell me about last night?" Trey asked fixing his basketball shorts.

I knew he would be asking soon because I didn't have the words to even speak last night to tell him about her.

"You remember I told you I ran away from my last foster home and I ran into this girl named Mo? She was on the street looking all beaten up and stuff, so I went and stole her some things out of the nearby gas station and made sure she was okay. We were besties ever since." I explained feeling the waterworks coming. "We stole out of stores, roaming the city, and slept anywhere we could for a while. And there was this boutique that this lady owned, and she would let Mo and I try on jewelry and clothes all the time, she really loved us. Until one day Mo's mom came into the boutique, and apparently she had been looking for Mo for a long time and they'd finally found each other again."

"So she took Mo and that was it?" Trey asked grabbing my hand.

"Yea, Mo told her everything that I was going through and she said she couldn't take me because I was on the run, but she wouldn't turn me in or tell on me. That was the deal and I'd never seen Mo again from that day." I wiped the tear that had escaped from my eye.

"So the bracelet was from the boutique I'm guessing?"

"Yep," I dug into the old jewelry box and pulled out the matching bracelet, "the lady that owned the boutique told us we could each pick out one thing to have in the entire store, and we chose best friend bracelets because we were each other's greatest joy at that point of our lives."

"That's nice. So how the hell didn't y'all know who each other was when y'all first saw each other?"

"Babe we were young at the time, and we both look totally different now. And plus she told me her name was Monique yesterday, I only knew her by Mo, and I told her my name was D because my name is difficult." I said going into the bathroom turning on the shower.

"So what you got planned for today?" He asked pulling me to him and kissing my neck.

"I'm supposed to be meeting up with Mo and just hang out and get caught up on things."

"Damn y'all didn't do enough of that last night? Y'all was talking for hours."

"We're girls Trey and we only talked about what we had going on now, we need to talk about things that happened back then after we no longer saw each other." I said walking into the bathroom to get in the shower.

As I stripped from my clothes I could feel Trey staring at me. I hated when he did that because sometimes I felt a little insecure.

"Babe stop please." I said softer than I intended.

"I can't look at you?" He said pulling my bare body into his.

I looked down at the floor nervously biting my bottom lip.