17.

Y'all ready for some D R A M A?!!!! Also make sure y'all read the last update because I don't know if everyone got the notification.

Korie

I woke up this morning and got Lyric ready for Ms. Marlene's house since I was going to meet up with Carmen today to talk.

I don't know what the hell she could possibly need to talk to me about but I'm ready to get it over with.

"Have a good day baby and be good, I'll be back to get you a little later okay?"

"K daddy!" Lyric said jumping out of the car running towards Ms. Marlene as soon as I unbuckled her seat belt.

"Daddy don't get no love?" I asked hurt beginning to fake cry. "Well I guess I gotta go get me another baby that loves me." I said opening my door.

"No! Daddy wait!" She yelled running into me hugging my legs from behind. "I love you!"

I turned around and scooped her up swinging her in the air. Her laughs filled my ears and it made me so happy and thankful to have her.

I put her down and kissed her cheek and watched her run to Ms. Marlene. I waved at them as I backed out of the driveway.

Me: I'm on my way, I'll be there in 10. -11:47 a.m.

Carmen: Okay I'm already here. -11:49 a.m

I was meeting with Carmen at IHOP and a nigga was hungry. After listening to a few songs I finally pulled into the parking lot. I hopped out of the car and locked the doors while walking into the restaurant.

I was greeted by a fine ass hostess and I told her I was meeting somebody here. I scanned the restaurant and my eyes met with Carmen's.

"Hey." She nervously said as I approached the table.

"What's good with you ma?" I asked side hugging her.

"Okay whats on ya mind?" I asked as I slid into the booth across from her.

"Well I wanted to—" she was cut off by the waitress that had recently approached.

"Hey how we doing today? Can I start y'all off with something to drink?"

"Iced tea will be fine." Carmen spoke.

"Uh, I'll take Dr. Pepper." I said flipping through the menu.

"And were you guys ready to order or do you need a few minutes?"

"I'm ready, you know what you want?" Carmen asked me.

"Yea, I want the 3 pancakes with eggs and all bacon no sausage. And can I have cheese added to those eggs." I said handing the waitress my menu.

"Okay no problem and for you ma'am?"

"I'll take the 2 red velvet pancakes no whipped cream and 2 sausage links."

"Okay I'll be right back with your drinks, and your food will be up shortly, let me know if you need anything before then." She smiled and walked off.

"What were you saying?" I asked.

"Well I know you haven't known me for a long time and we're just getting to know each other, but I don't want Lyric to feel like I've swooped in and trying to take her dad away from her." She said looking down at the table.