45.

Trey

I took a pull from the blunt and blew the smoke through my nose looking at my phone screen. I had been calling Khadijah's phone for the past three hours and she hasn't picked up, and that's very unlike her.

I ashed the blunt and stood up, leaving the balcony going back inside the house.

My phone started ringing and I instantly answered without even looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I asked in an aggravated tone.

"Yo bro, have you heard from D or Mo?" Korie asked through the receiver.

"Man, I been blowing D phone up and I can't get ahold of her. They supposedly went to the mall today."

"Hm, Mo told me they was goin' to the nail shop and the hair dresser. So one of them lied bro."

"Or both of them, aye you got Mo location on her phone? Cause D phone must be dead cause it ain't showing me hers." I said checking her location again.

"Its sayin' location not found." He let out a frustrated sigh.

I jogged up the steps and went in my closet to find my hoodie.

"Imma come scoop you from yo house bro cause this shit not sittin' right. D always answer the phone, even if she don't wanna talk cause she know that shit drive me crazy if ion know where she at."

"Ight, aye, what was Dijah wearing when she left the house?"

"Uh, she had on all black nigga, lookin' like a damn assassin." I shook my head.

"Mo had on all black and she took some gloves, talkin' 'bout it's to protect her nails when they get done."

"Nigga if you believed that you dumber than I thought." I laughed as I searched through my drawers. "Hold on bruh, I know I ain't trippin'."

"Wassup?" Korie asked.

"I keep my .22 in my t-shirt drawer at all times in case a nigga get stupid tryna run up in my shit. But that bitch gone and I know I ain't move it." I scratched my head and sat down on the edge of my bed.

"So let me get this straight," Korie started, "Khadijah and Monique left the house dressed in all black, both of them said they were goin' to two different places, now they not answerin' the phone, and yo gun missing?"

"Yep, sound like some trouble to me. I'm on my way bruh."

"Ight." He said before hanging up.

I jogged down the steps and locked up the house before leaving. I don't know what's goin' on but I'm gettin' nervous as fuck cause this ain't like D.

I was driving so fast, and consumed in my thoughts that I pulled up to Korie's house in no time.

"Wassup." Korie greeted me as he slid into the car.

"What's good Brodie, where lil mama?" I asked referring to Lyric.

"She with Tez, he promised her he'd take her to the zoo today so of course she didn't forget."

I nodded my head. "Bro, this shit eating me alive. I'm tryna stay calm but, I don't know what to think." I said dialing D's number again.

"We need to think about where they could've went, what issues did they have. You remember shorty from the club that spilled that drink on D?"

"Yea but D ain't pressed over no female, she would've handled her ass by now if that was bothering her." I said pulling the hair on my chin.

"Okay, what about that cat she went and took pictures with. Nemo? Or some shit."