22.

Carmen

"I haven't seen Marlene, but I know she might be with Korie seeing as though she watches his child from time to time." I said to Gerald as he rubbed through his hair.

"I would've thought she'd be back by now, at least to get her things." He stood up and poured a glass of Hennessy.

"I can call Korie." I said hopefully.

"Are you stupid? Why would you call Korie and ask him has he seen Marlene? Then he gone ask why you wanna know, and what business you have with her." He took a sip from the glass. "Think sometimes with that brain of yours."

I looked down at my shoes trying to hold my tongue from what I really wanted to say. I wanted to tell him that he could do all of this shit by himself. The only reason I'm caught up in this mess with Gerald is because I owe him money, a lot of money.

When he got out of jail a while back he started a little business, he was an underground drug lord. I was fresh out of an abusive relationship with my ex boyfriend, who took everything from me, he took my car, my house, everything I owned and left me with nothing. I ran into Gerald at a night club one night and I saw him making a couple of drops. Me being left with nothing to my name and in need of some fast cash, I asked to be put on.

He was a little skeptical at first but eventually he let me do a few drops here and there. My job was to deliver drugs for him and get the money in return, this way his hands wouldn't get dirty, but I also got a big cut. Everything was running smooth until one night I was cornered by two guys and they stole the drugs I had on me along with a lot of money made from a previous drop.

I didn't think I would live at first because Gerald was livid, but then he found out who was behind it and told me I wouldn't be making drops anymore but I would be a hit man. I didn't want to to do it, I wanted out completely but I had no choice seeing as though I owed him damn near my life.

I knocked out a couple people but it was one last man standing. His name was Dre'Mon, he was behind everything. I caught him at a club one night and talked sweet to him, I found myself in his bed that night and the plan was to set him up after a few dates. But that didn't work out as planned because I actually started to grow feelings for him.

We got close and I found out who he really worked for. Low and behold it was Trey, Khadijah's boyfriend. At the time I didn't know anything about them, but when Dre'Mon died I knew who was behind it. I started looking up stuff about Trey and I started watching his moves, then I found out about Khadijah.

I took all this information to Gerald and coincidentally he said he had some unfinished business with Khadijah, and we made ourselves a plan. I was in it to kill Trey, and Gerald was in it for Khadijah. Korie, Lyric, and Monique were never supposed to be involved, but that's what happens when you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Korie played as a little pawn in my game and as far as Lyric, she was the shield, meaning as long as I dangle her in front of me, no foul moves would be played.

Monique wasn't supposed to be thrown into this but she sacrificed herself when she jumped in place for Khadijah. Although I'm the only one that knows that Monique is here instead of who Gerald actually wants, this is better for me because now I can flip it all her and my hands will be clean. I'll knock them all down one bye one, with Trey being the first on my list.

Monique

I was awaken by Trinity's humming and cleaning, I slowly lifted my head up feeling a crook form in my neck. I looked around the room and I didn't see Lyric so I began to panic.

"Lyric!" I yelled looking at all my surroundings.

"Shhhhh," Trinity rushed over to the door peeking out, "are you crazy?" She said closing the door again.