Chapter 28: Reaching From Afar

Thanks to RicoTheLegend for the story idea.

- - -

London

Night sky, an empty park, a gentle breeze, and the sound of panting. Two Eevees one with glowing blue eyes, the other with purple eyes. The two both looked battered and bruised but they both managed to smile at one another.

"Everytime we turn up the heat..." Omar said.

"... Yeah, mmf, you gotta admit how fun this is though" Melody replied, then she walked up to Omar and gave him a hug, he hugged her back.

"Have you decided on a university yet?" Melody asked, her eyes returned to a light shade of pink

"Nah... I can't choose" Omar replied, his eyes returned to a sky blue colour.

"Hmm, I can help you look if you want-" Melody offered, putting her paw on his shoulder.

"Really? Thanks, you're a lifesaver" Omar responded, beaming a happy smile.

"Anything to help a friend-"Melody responded, rubbing his forehead.

"Hey, have you mastered that tracking spell?" Omar asked, the Eevee was eager for a response.

"Somewhat... I bet you're worried about Moony, that's why you're asking" Melody teased.

"So what if I am..." Omar replied, trying to hide his embarrassment.

Melody giggled, "Here... Watashi no iu koto o kiitekudasai, watashi ga aisuruhito no kokoro wa doko ni aru no ka, kare ga dokoni ite mo, watashi wa motto yoku shitte imasu! (Hear me, Hear me, where does the heart of the one I love flutter, for where ever he is, I know better!)" Melody chanted.

A cloud swirled around the two Eevees and a map of the world formed, soon a glowing wisp revealed the location of Moonlake.

"He's in... Canada... Near Winnipeg-" Melody said, pointing at the wisp.

"Hmm" Omar replied.

"I just hope he's ok-"

"I hope so too"

- - -

Laying in his bed staring at a picture of him and London together by the beach was Benoit. The green eyed Eevee continued to stare at the photo of him and London hugging eachother, he couldn't help but smile.

"Je t'aime pour toujours... Ma douce (I love you forever... My sweet)" Benoit whispered.

"Benoit!" A muffled voice called.

"H-Huh?!"

"Go to bed"

"Momma!..."

"Go to sleep!"

"Hmph... Fine!"

The Eevee waited a bit before scurrying out of bed and going over to his laptop. He logged in and the first thing he saw was a picture he took with London the day he met and fell in love with him, in the messy Parisian apartment, he was holding onto London, who was comforting him. The Eevee smiled and opened the browser. Benoit spent the night watching memes and chatting in Discord and such, eventually he saw the DM with London he sent, there were no messages sent yet between the two so he took a deep breath and started typing.

- - -

Canada

The Flareon who was fast asleep, felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. London flinched then he pulled his phone and saw the message Benoit had sent him