Chapter 37: Apple Picking

Tokyo

Tetrahyde sighed as she looked out the window, the night lights normally relaxed her. But that night she was angry. Every moment she had a hold of Rico someone was always there to ruin it. She got a phone call from Greene so she answered it.

"Hello" She said.

"You shot a civilian..." Greene said, trying to conceal the aggravation in his voice.

"He was a hacker wanted by Interpol. Remember the Sochi Hospital incident, he's responsible-"

"That doesn't change the fact that you killed him" Greene replied, the Arcanine set the pen down on his desk so he didn't squeeze and break it, "We are trying to be better then them. And now you've probably given them evidence against us when their trial date comes, lucky for you we have plenty of compelling evidence against them-"

Tetrahyde sighed, "Apologies, I was out of line"

"We'll have a discussion about it when you return to the states. Do not do it again, understand?" Greene said.

"Yes sir..." Tetrahyde responded, sounding genuinely apologetic.

"I have a meeting in a moment, just catch Ricardo and bring him to DC without killing anymon who isn't involved. Goodbye"

"Bye-"

She set her phone on the table and rested her head on the window.

"Do you actually regret it-" A voice asked.

She turned her head to see Daniella holding a cup of Champagne, the Lucario set a glass down next to her.

"... I do... I really do..." Tamara responded.

Daniella put her hand on her shoulder, "Do you plan on finding a way to make up for it"

"I could start by going to his funeral"

"That's... A bold move"

"It is... But I feel like it's the right one"

"Has this happened before?" Daniella asked.

"Back when I was a freelance assassin... I'd have to shoot or attack somemon to draw my targets attention. To be honest I hate doing it, but it's a tactic I've grown used to... A little too uses to maybe. I figured Ricardo would become infuriated enough to give chase so... I took the shot" Tetrahyde explained.

"Usually, if they die... I go to their funeral. You could consider it my way of saying I'm sorry"

She wiped her face, "It didn't look like it earlier, but I was angry. Angry that I had to make that choice, especially when your goal is to capture said target. But hey, we all have to make hard choices right?"

"I suppose you have a point... I'm gonna give you some space. Hopefully you'll have a better plan tomorrow"

"Yeah... I hope your right-"

Tetrahyde watched as Daniella closed the door. Then she started banging her head on the window softly over and over again.

---

Düsseldorf

Luke sat outside the yard in the prison. The other Pokémon there were eyeballing him like he was a fresh steak hung to dry. The Lucario growled quietly as the others continued to either lift weights or watch him.

"The fuck are you all looking at?" Luke said.

The prisoners stopped staring at him and went about their time.

"Pfft, this kid thinks he's scary" One of the prisoners said.

Luke's head immediately snapped around and he watched as a few larger Pokémon nearby continued to gossip about him.