Chapter 12: Americans

Delevio smashed her fist on the alarm clock. she wiped her eyes and sat up. The Glaceon brushed her teeth and went down the steps to prepare breakfast for the children.

"Morning!" The two said.

"Hello, eat up! Marissa will be here soon, she's taking you to the park!" Delevio said.

"Yey!" They shouted.

Delevio left the children with the nanny and left for work. She yawned and opened the door to her McLaren, she shouted.

Greene was sitting there reading a book.

"First of all how did you get in my car, second how did you manage to fit in my car," Delevio said.

"To answer your first question, you left the doors unlocked -" Greene said.

Delevio groaned, embarrassed with her mistake.

"Second, I've been in tighter spaces than this" Greene replied.

Delevio got in and closed the door.

"Take the file on the dashboard," Greene said.

Delevio opened it and saw a photo of a Pikachu with sunglasses.

"Whos this?" She asked.

"Harriet Spytle... An orphan from Newark... Where you're from" Greene replied, "She's a former scientist who worked for Kai Industries, she resigned last week after Huang told her about an Eevee with special DNA, the British are protecting him for now, she was almost murdered yesterday on her way home from New York City by a hitman hired by Huang, tried to push her in front of a train, she sidestepped, he went under"

"Where is she now?" Delevuo asked.

"Baracaded in her home in Newark hasn't left there since the incident" Greene replied.

"You want me to talk to her?" Delevio asked.

"That's one thing I need you to do... I also need you to get her to Philadelphia where we can keep her safe. Huang hired a PMC to hunt her down. You will be working with Agent Keyen on this -"

"Keyen?!" Delevio shouted.

Greene was silent, "Uhhhh what's the problem with him, you did work with him several times"

If you have not read the first volume, it was Keyen who got curious and peaked in on Delevio and London while they were in a plane with a built-in hot spring bound for Tokyo, Delevio was so pissed she beat the pulp out of him. Following the incident, Delevio never talked to him again.

Greene facepawed, "He was disciplined for that a while ago, let it go please" Greene sighed, "...Teenagers"

"Its perversion!"

"Well guess what? London, Isabel and Moonlake have to guard the Eevee so Kai don't get their crumby paws on them, Rico is on a job in Hungary, Luke is still on the run, and everyone else is doing their own operations right now... So guess what.."

"Oh no," Delevio groaned.

2 hours later...

The Umbreon sat nervously as Delevio glared at him. The Glaceon genuinely displeased that she was stuck with him.

"Uh, can we please focus on Spytle and not the fact I stared at you almost naked -" Keyen started.

"Just shut up and follow me," Delevio said.

Delevio and Keyen stepped out of the McLaren and walked up to the front door, Keyen was about to knock on the doorbell but Delevio grabbed his paw.

"Stop!" She shouted.