Chapter 10: Careful Treading

Queens, New York

London arrived in a Jaguar at Delevios, he knocked on the door and waited a moment before the door opened... Lydia was looking up at the bigger Flareon smiling at him kindly.

"Where is your mum, I need to talk to her?" London asked.

"Shes in her room, she's been in there for hours, I just want her to play with me!" She pouted, her cheeks puffed up.

London laughed, "Dont worry, I'm sure she'll play with you"

Delevio sure enough came from behind Lydia, her fur was messy and she looked like she didn't sleep well.

"Uh, you look sleep deprived" London said.

"Well, I've been searching the whole country for Luke... What should I have expected from an elite agent" Delevio said.

"Can I come in?" London asked, tilting his head to one side.

"Yeah, sure" She ushered Lydia to the side so London could come in.

She closed the door and locked it. Tyler was sitting on the couch reading a book. Delevio lead London up to her room and closed the door.

"So whats the situation?" London asked.

"Amber told me and Greene, it has to do with the serum in his bloodstream, she explained that it somewhat effects his mood and personality, making him more violent... Its a good thing I kicked him out... I wouldn't want the kids to get caught up in the middle of this bullshit" Delevio said, looking at the floor.

London noticed she tossed a photo of Luke and her kissing by the beach, she told London how much fun she had with him and the children there.

"I see your able to move on" London said.

"A fresh beginning never hurt" The Glaceon said.

Then Delevios phone started vibrating, Greene was calling her.

London tossed her the phone and she caught it, "Hello?"

"Delevio where are you?" Greene said, the Arcanine was in New Orleans, on a street closed off by the police and the CIA.

"At my home, London's with me at the moment... Why did you ask?"

"Two agents here in New Orleans turned up seriously injured, when we asked them who attacked them, they said it was a Lucario with unusual fur colour" Greene replied.

"Luke" London said.

"That son of a -" Delevio growled.

"Yes, I know Delevio I'm just as furious... Now I don't even know if its pay back for firing him or if these chemicals are messing up his brain, either way... Im putting a national alert out for him, the military and FBI are out looking for him... Can I talk to London please?"

Delevio handed him the phone, "Yes?"

"Can you ask Kovar to collaborate with us please? We could really use the help" Greene requested.

"I'll let him know" London replied.

"Good, also I'm gonna need you to work part time on this investigation with us, I know you are already dealing with Kai Industries at the moment but I'm gonna really need your expertise, so please help us" Greene asked.

"I will... I can usually handle two things at the same time, so I'll do my best" London replied.

"Thanks a lot I appreciate it" Greene said.

London gave the phone back to Delevio, "Delevio... Im counting on you and London to apprehend him, otherwise things could start falling apart. The fact he discovered those two agents here in New Orleans is a problem because as you know this is a breach of national security and now we have to pull all agents out of where they are and get them home, find Jamison and find him quickly"

"Okay sir" Delevio replied.

"Talk to you soon" Greene said.

Greene hung up and looked back at the two battered agents answering questions from other agents. He squeezed his phone and sighed. If Luke went on the way he was going, his worst fears would be true.

Delevio looked down at the floor. London tilted his head to one side, "Uh are you okay?"

"No... I just can't believe that I was so stupid, sometimes I wonder why I even fell in love with Luke... Couples are not supposed to keep secrets from each other, I just don't understand why the fuck he couldn't just talk to me and tell me how he was feeling, and now that I have children who are always asking where he is... I just feel like I'm under so much stress... I may look calm and collected but I'm really screaming for help. I don't want to kill him... But if I need to in order to keep him from possibly murdering an agent..."

Delevio rubbed her face she was annoyed and seemed lost about how to deal with Luke.

"Ah... Tough situations huh?" London replied.

"Yeah" Delevio replied, "Another thing... Tyler. He really bonded with Luke and I'm afraid to tell him that I had to kick him out because he posed a threat to me and him"

"Daddys boy I'm guessing?" London asked.

"Exactly, Lydia misses him too but I feel like Tyler is getting the brunt of the damage, he always watches TV and doesn't move from there, its concerning me" Delevio said.

"You didn't try to take him outside or interact with him?" London asked.

"You think I didnt already try that?" The Glaceon asked, "Im gonna keep trying, I don't want him to forget Luke, I just want him to understand for the time being he's not gonna be around"

"Ah... Do you wanna change the topic?"

"Yes, I do... Is Moonlake still being a weird pervert?" Delevio asked.

"Yes" London answered, the Flareon showing how uncomfortable he was.

Delevio cringed, "I thought he stopped!"

"He never did, that Eevee is so obsessed with me" London replied.

"Eugh!" Delevio replied in disgust.

London heard his stomach growl.

"You didn't eat anything on the plane didn't you?" Delevio said.

"Airline food is just too pricy" London replied.

Delevio laughed, "Ill make lunch, come join us!"

"Okay, thanks" London replied.

Delevio took the Flareon down the steps and the two prepared lunch for everymon to eat in the house.