Chapter 2: Stability

Queens, New York

While Delevio was riding the train home, she got a call from Greene who was in South Africa for a meeting.

"Hello?" The Glaceon said.

"Hello Delevio, how were things in Spain?" Greene asked as he looked down at the street below.

"Weird... Apparently London's mom was there and she's working for Huang" Delevio said.

"That's beyond weird" Greene asked, then he sighed, Delevio looked at her phone, "Why do I have the feeling I'm being fired?"

"Your not... But Lukarin... I just don't think I can take the recklessness anymore" The Arcanine said.

"Your considering discharging him?" Delevio asked, nervousness in her voice.

"What else does it sound like? That op I sent him on in Austria was a shitshow, not only did he blow up a building on a crowded street, he chased Heid, the guy he was after, and got him killed by a train at a railroad crossing... One of the biggest fuck ups the CIA has made ever, beside the operation in Belarus lead by Agent Edrian"

"How bad is it?" Delevio asked.

"He's already suspended for not following orders, the mission was to get Heid and bring him to the states to answer for the deaths of an American family at the paws of his syndicate. Now that he's dead, he cannot testify and the family of the dead are gonna want answers that we cannot provide them with" Greene responded.

"Its very likely he'll be discharged so please don't be surprised if he's pissed or something" Greene said.

Delevio was silent for a moment, "Okay" She replied.

"I have to go, stay safe" Greene said.

Then he hung up, Delevio gulped, she just hoped he didn't take his frustration out on their children.

When she arrived home, she saw Lydia and Tyler, an Eevee and a Riolu watching the telly peacefully, she sighed and greeted them.

"Mommy!" They shouted, hugging her.

"Hello you two! Wheres dad?"

"Upstairs, he won't even talk to us" Tyler replied.

"I'll talk to him, behave yourselves alright?" Delevio replied, patting them on the head.

Delevio went up the steps and into the bedroom where Luke was playing video games.

"Hey I'm back"

Luke was silent.

"I know why your not talking to me and I understand your pissed but talking about it will make you feel better, won't it?" Delveio said, trying to get him to stop playing the game.

Luke sighed, "Fine"

"Thank You" she said back.

Later...

"Did Greene tell you I might be discharged?" Luke asked.

"Yes, he did" Delevio said, "Luke, I'll always be there for you, even if you aren't in the CIA anymore, okay?"

Luke looked down at the floor, "Okay"

"I'm gonna go make dinner now, come down please, the kids really wanna talk to you -"

She noticed a bandage on his arm, but assumed it was from the mission he went on.

"Come down when your ready" Delevio said, then she set her suitcase down and went downstairs to prepare their meal.

- - -

London

London arrived at a flat in Marylebone. The Flareon carrying a bag containing food, he went up the steps and knocked on the door, almost immediately, an Eevee opened the door.

"Your food sir" London said.

The Eevee took the bag, "Thanks"

"Anything new?" London asked.

"No" The Eevee responded.

Then London smelled him, "You smell like pollen... Ketster, did you leave this place?"

"I don't know what your talking about" Ketster replied.

London crossed his arms.

"So I did, but I only went to a park, no where else" Ketster added.

"If you want to go somewhere, you need to ask one of us, we've been over this so many times!" London replied.

"Fine"

"You say fine now but later you'll go and leave again" London said back.

"I won't this time, Arceus" Ketster replied.

London groaned, "If you leave the place without permission again, I'm going to have agents stationed outside to make sure you stay"

"I'm not a kid"

"But we need to apparently treat you like one because your leaving without permission" London replied, "Anyway its to keep you safe, you know this too"

"Uggh, fine" The Eevee replied.

London sighed, "Anyway, good night"

"Good night" He replied, copying his accent.

"Your English accent needs work" London said as he walked away.

"I'll practice then" Ketster responded, then he went inside and closed the door.

While London was on the train, he thought about how his mother was working for Kai Industries and how she hadn't actually been in prison where she belonged. He quickly let go of these thoughts because the more he thought about it the more he thought about how she killed his dad, Thlayli and thus making him hate her more.

"What the hell was going through her mind?" The Flareon asked himself.