Chapter 58: Boiling Water

Washington DC

Rico is led into a room where Dorian is sitting drinking her morning tea. The doors close behind Rico who looks over at the Whimsicott grinning at him.

"Who are you supposed to be"

"Mr. Jamison, my name is Ashley Dorian. I am you're replacement lawyer for the remainder of your trial"

"Where's Braxton..."

"He's in the hospital, he won't be coming out anytime soon, he has a few more surgeries anyway"

"You're were sent by Greene weren't you?"

"No, I have not been sent by Greene" Dorian responds, then she takes a sip of her tea and closes the newspaper she's reading, "If I was you'd be able to tell"

"Yeah, and I can tell that you're working for him" Rico says, his voice getting aggressive.

"Believe what you like Ricardo, but you're stuck with me until this is over" Dorian answers back.

Luke laughs hysterically, "This is actually fucking happening, I can't believe it"

"Yes, I know what question you're going to ask now: No we have nothing to do with Mister Braxton's attempted murder"

"Like I'd fucking believe that" Rico snarls.

"Anyway, I have not come here to argue and get into pointless debates with you. We're going over to the court room in about 10 minutes, if you have any statements that you want me to make on your behalf, feel free to tell them to me now"

The Lucario squeezes his fist, he can feel the serum edging it's way into his brain, he can feel it bringing his blood pressure up. He's trying his best to contain his rage but it's difficult.

Dorian gets up and opens the door for Rico, gesturing him to exit the room so they could walk into the court room. Rico stops by the doorway looking down at Dorian as she gazed back up at him.

"Greene's not gonna win this. Let's get that clear right now" Rico says.

"Hm" Dorian goes.

Rico finishes walking out the door to the court room, Dorian sighs and follows behind him. As they walk Rico tries to compose himself so he's not making himself look like what the CIA claims he is, but his current circumstances seem to make that feel impossible. Rico enters the court room, everyone's there including the CIA, Tetrahyde rests her head on her hand as she watches Rico sit down at the defendants table, Dorian sitting next to him.

Atticus bangs the gavel and looks between the two teams.

"It appears you have a new lawyer Mister Jamison" Atticus says looking over at Dorian.

"Good morning your honor, I'm Ashley Dorian I have been chosen to replace Mister Ayala as he's currently in the hospital after his recent attack" She sats introducing herself.

"I see... Anyway, we will now continue with the proceedings. After today's session the hurry will be sent off to make a decision and their decision will decide whether Mister Jamison goes to prison or whatever punishment it the jury finds necessary" Atticus explains.

The CIA agents at the plaintiffs table are silently praying their efforts pay off, Greene takes a deep breath and readies himself for what's to come.

"If the plaintiff may continue their case"

Tetrahyde raises her hand, "Yes Miss Tetrahyde"

"May I speak you honour"

"You may"