[V] Chapter 53: The Little Knight

Washington DC

Delevio arrives at Washington Union Station early in the morning. She had been traveling for hours and couldn't wait to stretch her legs. When she gets outside, Keyen, Waterlily, her assistant, and Tetrahyde were waiting for her leaning on the side of a Maybach. Tetrahyde sitting in the driver's seat of the car chewing gum.

"Did I miss the party?" Delevio asks.

"Nope, it's starting in half an hour" Keyen says.

"What's in the bag?"

"Tapes of our body can footage. I even have the part when that idiot drunk that poison. Kai Industries, even though they're still being investigated by us and pretty much every government even offered the security footage from the night they stole the Attack Dog X serum. Greenes got all the other evidence on him..."

Waterlily smiles confidently, "There's no way he's going to walk free"

"Can't wait to see the look of disappointment on his face when the judge says... Guilty!-" Tetrahyde adds.

Waterlily snickers and gets in the car, Delevio gets in with them and Tetrahyde pulls the car away from the curb, "Vasquez and Hopps are waiting there for us there. They're watching him like a hawk" Tetrahyde says.

"He is a risk... How can you blame them" Keyen responds.

There's silence as Tetrahyde continues to drive to the courthouse. Then Keyen looks over at Waterlily who's sitting next to him and gives her a smile. The Sylveon scratches the back of her head and looks out the window.

"So what've you been up to since we graduated from the academy?" Keyen asks.

"I... I got assigned to the European division. I've been working in Berlin for a about 2 years now" Waterlily says.

"What's it like?" Delevio asks, joining the conversation.

"... It gets lonely" She responds, then she sets her paw on the Pikachus head "... But he makes it better somewhat"

"Thank you ma'am"

"Loneliness huh?" Tetrahyde says.

The other look over at her.

"I grew up in one of the most wealthy families in Australia... One night some strange Pokémon came to our home. My parents ended up with bullets in their skulls, my families fortune got absorbed by a rival company and I ended up homeless..."

"...How did you become an assassin?... Well... agent-" Waterlily asks.

Tetrahyde laughs a little, "That's a funny story. When I was 8, I started stealing wallets. I ended up stealing the wallet of a known assassin. They called him Infinitus. Rather then calling the police on me, he admired the fact I took his wallet nonchalantly and he offered to let me live with him-"

"Infinitus? The Infinitus?!" Keyen shouts when he realises whom she's talking about.

"Yes... The Infinitus"

"I thought he was an urban legend" Delevio says.

"I did too" Tetrahyde admits, "He was like another father to me. He taugh me how to use a gun, how to fight, how to take risks, how to draw a target out and kill them... He taught me everything basically. One night we were in Toronto on a job, it was simple one. All we had to do was kill some politician there. When we got there, there was a firefight... He took a bullet in the chest for me. I had to watch him die in my arms... It hurt-" The Salazzle bangs her fist on the dashboard, "- A lot"

There's a short pause.

"After that, I became a freelance assassin. Took all sorts of jobs. Then Greene found me, let me into the CIA youth program so I could use my talents for better shit I suppose"