Chapter 11: The Intern / 35 Seconds

Shanghai, China.

Huang blew smoke in the air as he sat in his chair reading some papers. Sitting on the other side of the desk was a Jolteon, she looked nervous like she was not going to get the job.

"What did you say your name was again?" Huang asked.

"Mei Fan" She replied.

"You studied at Cambridge University... Impressive"

"Yeah, I studied genetic engineering... I put that on my resume, did I?"

"You did... Well, one of our engineers tragically lost his life while working over at the genetics lab, we'll have you intern there" The Raichu replied.

"Thank you very much" She replied.

"You start tomorrow," Huang said, the Jolteon got her papers back and she went back to her car.

When she got back to her apartment, she picked up her phone and dialed a number.

"Are you situated?" Somemon asked on the other line.

"Yes... I am, I'll let you know if Huang is up to anything" She replied.

"Good... Stay safe" The other voice replied.

London

Kovar sighed as he set the phone down on the receiver. Then he looked over to London who was there too.

"Why did you send Lai-Fan there again?"

"She blends in, on the many ops in Asia I sent her on, she's only failed me once... And that says everything about her" Kovar said, smiling lazily.

"Ah ok" London replied.

"How is Delevio?" Kovar asked.

"She's holding up alright I guess" London replied.

"Hm" Kovar replied, "You can go home for the day, I'll call you if I have an update on either the situation with Mr. Jamison or that Eevee"

"Yes sir" London replied.

When London returned home, the children immediately tackled him to the floor and licked him affectionately.

"Owwww" London wheezed.

Isabel chuckled, "Welcome home"

"Daddy! I made a drawing of you and mummy!" Perseus said giving London a drawing of him and Isabel.

"It looks awesome! Good Job!" London said rubbing his head.

"Thank you!" He squeaked.

"Your welcome" London replied, rubbing the Eevees head.

Perseus rubbed his cheek on his father's.

Later after eating dinner, Isabel and London went to Ketster's place in Marylebone to give him some food. By the time they got there, they saw that Moonlake had already introduced him to video games.

"Yes, I won again!" Ketster said.

"You pick up on things quickly... Too quickly" Moonlake said.

"Well isn't that a surprise," Isabel said crossing her arms.

"What!? He told me he was bored with everything else!" Moonlake said.

"Ah whatever, just as long as he's willing to do it" London replied.

"Heres your food Ketster," Isabel said, she set a container of food down on the table.

"Oh thanks," he said.