Chapter 30: The Icicle At My Throat

Shanghai, China

The neon lights of Shanghai greeted Komura's ship as it neared the port city. Rico took the opportunity to take a picture to show his girlfriend.

"We're not sightseeing" Luke said.

"I know... But it never hurt anyone to take a picture of this great view" Rico said, putting the camera in his bag.

Kamura cleared his throat and it made the two Lucarios turn around, "My catch, you haven't forgotten about it, right?"

"N-No" Rico said, adjusting his shirt.

"You two must pay me ¥600,000,000"

"Oh hell no! As if!" Luke shouted, smashing his fist on the window.

"Oh, I guess I'll turn the boat back around and return you to Japan-" Komura said, shrugging his shoulders.

Luke snarled, squeezing his fist. The old Pokémon's request was ridiculous, "Fine!"

Komura docked the ship on the port and opened the ramp for the two to step off, "You have 4 days"

The two watched as the ship turned around and started sailing out of the port. Rico was dumbfounded, Luke was livid.

"Where the hell are we going to get six hundred million yen?!" Rico shouted, "What is he even going to do with all that money?!"

"He's an assassin Rico, figure it out"

"Right..."

"Let's get the serum and get out of the country. There's no doubt the CIA is on to us by now" Luke picked up his bags and started walking toward the street, Rico followed after him.

Up from on top of a building, Keyen watched them with binoculars as they got into a taxi.

"They're here, arrived 6 minutes ago via a fishing boat" The Umbreon said over radio.

"Got it-" Delevio said, she was atop a skyscraper looking down at the city below her, her left eye glowing as if it was a steady flame, "-Come and get it, piece of shit"

- - -

Canada

"I-Is that a rocket launcher?" Moonlake asked.

"Yep!" Ketster shouted.

The Typhlosion fired the rocket at the car. Ketster swerved out of the way and the rocket hit a tanker that was driving behind them. The fireball was huge. London grabbed his Glock, leaned out the window and shot the Typhlosion in the chest multiple time, the Pokémon grunted and fell backwards. The driver of the car panicked, Isabel leaned out the window and shot the fuel tank, the cars back side exploded and it spun off the road and rolled into the woods coming to a rest.

"Please tell me there are no mor-" London said, then bullets started hitting the back of the car. Isabel heard and pulled something from her bag, which was a small metal ball she tossed it at the cars windshield and upon hitting the windshield the ball disintegrated into a black liquid the Pokémon in the car had a hard time seeing they spun out of control and tumbled off the road.

"You had to say something?!" Isabel said.

"I had no clue!" London said back.

Then a lorry coming from the opposite direction suddenly swerved and tried to hit the car but Ketster noticed in time and went around. The vehicle plummeted into a tree and exploded.

"Lunatics!" Ketster shouted.

"Gah, get off the road, go somewhere secluded!" London shouted.

Ketster suddenly turned and drove the Mercedes into the woods. It was about half an hour later when they finally stopped in an open part of the woods. Ketster sat in the car while Isabel sat on a dead tree, typing on her laptop.