Chapter 54: Deadset

London

London and Moonlake arrive back at the house in the morning. The first thing that happens to London when he comes back into the house? He's tackled by his children and younger brother Tokyo. Isabel who's carrying something wrapped in a cloth comes down the steps and greets London and Moonlake.

"You two have fun?" Isabel asks.

"Yep!" Moonlake replies.

"Help me!" London begs, as the Eevees continue to lick and nibble him.

Isabel laughs and scoops up all the little Eevees one by one. Kelani bites down on her mother's ear making Isabel shout loudly.

"Tastes like salad" She says.

"Ooo I wanna taste!" Gavin says excitedly.

"No! I'm not food!" Isabel shouts nervously.

"Feed us!" The Eevees all shout.

"Okay okay! Just don't eat your mum! My jobs to love you and raise you not be your meal" Isabel says.

"Yey!" They shout excitedly.

Then a news report grabs London and Isabel's attention. Moonlake looks at the telly as well...

"We bring you breaking news this morning from Epsom where at least 13 Pokémon have been found brutally murdered in this house behind me, the police have yet to identify all the victims but they have speculated that this brazen incident kicked off sometime last night. One of the victims a 31 year old Skarmory actually had his chest cavity burned in by the attackers-"

"That must have been terrible" Moonake says.

"Yeah... It must've been" London says, then Perseus jumps on him and starts pulling his ears, "Ow ow ow ow!"

"Hungry!" The Eevee shouts.

"Alright fine! I'll go help your mother..." London says with a sigh.

The Flareon sets the kit on the floor and goes into the kitchen to help Isabel cook. Moonlake looks back at the telly and watching as the forensics teams carried the body bags out of the house, the Eevee smirks and giggles, "Worth it"

"Worth what?"

Moonlake jumps in his seat and looks to his right, Tokyo is standing there with his head tilted to the side in confusion. Moonlake clears his throat, "Worth the wait to get back to you harachigai no kyōdai"

Tokyo laughs and gives Moonlake a hug, he hugs him back and looks over at London who's being a clutz in the kitchen, the Eevee blushes. Tokyo digs his head in Moonlake's mane making the Eevee break his focus.

"Dah! Rirakkusu shite kudasai!" Moonlake shouts not expecting him to do that.

Tokyo giggles and starts nuzzling him, Moonlake puts his paw on his head and rubs his back while still looking at London.

London and Isabel laugh as the two have fun and talk with each other and cooking supper. Then Isabel's phone starts ringing, its Kovar. The Leafeon turns the stove off and picks up her phone.

"Hello?"

“I need you, London, and Moonlake here, this instant. Something has… come up and you three were asked to tackle it by name.”

"Umm... This isn't really the best time right now-"

“If I may ask, who called us?”

“I… I can’t say over the phone. Please hurry.”

Isabel messages her head and leans against the counter, "Okay, let me just feed my kits"

Isabel hangs up and sighs, "Vauxhall just called, we're gonna be needed"