Chapter 33: Brilliant Diamonds

Berlin

"The vial has arrived safely in London, we're going to run some studies on it" Kovar said, the Umbreon on his swinging around in his chair.

"Okay, great" Keyen responded.

"Tell me, how did you get that wound on your chest" Kovar asked, noticing his bandaged up chest.

"Sword slash..." Keyen responded, he put his paw on the bandaging and squeezed his chest, it hurt but he didn't seem to care.

"Ah, I see... Well, I hope it heals"

"Thanks..."

"I should be going now, I'll keep in contact with Washington. Goodbye"

Kovar disconnected. Keyen sat back in the office chair and looked up at the light, he still could only think about Delevio's reaction when he got slashed by Rico back in Shanghai. His thoughts were interrupted when Delevio came in holding a paper bag.

"Bought you something to eat" She said.

"O-Oh thanks" The Umbreon replied, Delevio set the bag down in front of him and sat down in another chair close by.

"Hey" Keyen said.

"Hm?"

"Thanks for saving me, back in Shanghai. I think I would have died if it hadn't been for you" Keyen said, scratching the back of his head.

Delevio smiled.

"You're my teammate, It's kinda my job to protect you. Also you don't have to thank me. You're my friend, so if you died, I think I would have probably massacred Rico" Delevio replied, squeezing her fist.

"Ah. Heh heh"

"How are you feeling?"

"Chest still hurts but I think I'll pull through" Keyen responded.

Delevio stood up and put her paw under his wraps and closed her eyes, Keyens face turned red he was confused and nervous. But then there was a cooling sensation on his chest. He opened the wraps and saw his wounds were closing, the Umbreon stared at the closing cut in his chest until there was nothing left but black fur. The Umbreon looked up at Delevio who opened her eyes and moved her paw.

"How did you-"

"Not sure... I'm slowly getting used to these abilities though" Delevio said, looking down at her paw.

She looked at Keyen, his face turned red and he looked away, "What?"

"N-Nothing" The Umbreon replied, flustered.

"Sure..." Delevio replied, "How's Luke?"

Keyen looked at a screen on the wall, there was a camera feed showing what Luke was doing in his cell. In this case the Lucario was bouncing a ball on the wall while Agent Waterlily and her Pikachu friend sat in there watching him.

"Are you really gonna stare at me the whole time" Luke asked.

"Well, it beats staring at nothing" Waterlily responded.

"Tch" Luke responded.

Delevio sighed, "Any behavioural changes"

"Not right now"

"We're keeping him here for another day then we're shipping him out to Düsseldorf" Delevio said.

"Yes ma'am" Keyen replied.

Delevio looked back at Luke who was still laying down and bouncing the ball off the wall. Then she sat back down in her chair.

"Rico is definitely gonna come and get him, we need to be prepared for that"