Chapter 15: In Flames

Rico sighed as he closed the door to his house, he dropped the katana and sighed. The Lucario went into his room to go to bed, when he turned on the light he saw Greene sitting in the Armchair next to the bed reading The Art Of War. He felt nervous as he knew why Greene was there.

"You know..." Greene closed the book, "It's very nice that you care for your brother, it's natural of course I understand that... But instead of turning him in to us... You let him go"

"You don't understand the situation he's in..." Rico said.

"Maybe I would if you hadn't fucking let him go!" Greene shouted.

The Arcanine took a deep breath before resuming the conversation, then he messaged his face, "You are suspended from active duty and I am docking your pay until I see you are fit to return to service, if any agent catches you colluding with Lukarin again you will be discharged from the service!"

Greene got up and took his book with him, "Oh! And no need, I've already pulled the money needed to fix Delevio's car from your earnings"

Then the Arcanine left the house, got in his Volvo and drove off.

Rico squeezed his paw, he smiled nervously, "Heh... I knew it"

London

London returned home to Moonlake sitting on the steps waiting for him to come over and hug him, London did just that.

"Miss me?" The Flareon asked.

"Of course I missed you" Moonlake replied.

"Ah ok" London replied, "I just dropped Ketsters food off, ugh it was such a long walk from the station"

London laughed, "Drama king"

"Tee hee" Moonlake giggled.

"Was anything out of the ordinary when you were there" London asked.

"No" Moonlake replied.

"Thats good" London said, the Flareon rubbed Moonlake's head before going inside the house, Moonlake followed him, smiling at London with his goofy smile.

"I love you" Moonlake said.

"Please... No" London answered nervously.

"Scaredy Skitty" Moonlake replied with a smug grin and a slight blush.

"I'm not scared, its just not natural to fall in love with me you dolt, I'm much older then you" London replied.

"Age is just a number" Moonlake replied.

"Like how jail is a room?" London shot back, "And guess who goes to jail, not you..."

"We can keep it a secret" Moonlake said, still smirking lazily.

London banged his head on the wall, "No"

"Aww your no fun" Moonlake pouted, then he gave that smug look again, "I won't stop until you give up" He whispered.

"Agggh!" London groaned.

3 days later, New York City...

Rico sat in his room, playing an online game when he was killed by someone, he squeezed his controller and growled.

Cairo, his partner, yawned. She had just arrived from a concert she was playing at when she saw Rico gaming in their room. She smiled and went up behind him.

"Hey, I'm back" She said.

"Hi" Rico said, still annoyed at how his emotions were causing him to not do as well as he normally would. Cairo's smile disappeared.

"Hey... Whats up?" She asked putting her paw on his shoulder.

"I've been suspended... And whoever this punk nanosoaringdash is keeps on fucking killing me, this is the 19th time, Its annoying!" Rico growled.

Meanwhile in London....

Ketster sighed, "Poor sap, Ive killed him more times then I can remember" He said.

Moonlake stared at him nervously, "It freaks me out how good you are at COD"

"Wait until I tell you about the Incineroar I killed in 20 seconds" Ketster replied.

Back to New York...

Rico tossed the controller at the bed when Ketster killed him again. He stormed out of the room and down to the kitchen, Cairo followed him.

"Hey look, we all have bad days alright" Cairo said.

"This day goes beyond worse Cairo,"

She sighed and messaged his shoulder.

Rico turned to her, "Come..."

"Come where?" Rico asked.

Cairo kissed him on the mouth, then she moved back, Rico stood there for a moment before kissing her back. The two spent the night with each other, eventually Rico felt calmer.

Later after Cairo fell asleep, Rico lay awake at night remembering a mission him and Luke had in Columbia, the two were in the middle of a fight.

A few years ago...

"Damn... I didnt think they would be this well armed!" Luke shouted as he shot a henchmen in the chest, the Lucario tossed out the empty magazine and put in a new one.

"Greene always said this one would be spicy" Rico replied perched on a tree watching a compound of a drug lord.

A car pulled up, a lot of Pokemon came out of the car, Rico killed them all in seconds.

Luke kicked the doors to the safe room open, standing there shaking in terror was an Emboar he drew a gun, Luke chopped the barrel off with his katana and impaled the sword into the Pokemon over and over again before cutting his neck open.

"That wasn't spicy at all..." Luke said.

"It wasn't?" Rico replied.

"No... That fucking coward literally hid in the fucking safe room"

"How did you... No, Im not even going to ask... Lets get out here before more of em come" Rico said, packing up his stuff.

While driving to the Airport, Luke asked Rico a question...

"Rico... If I was in a tight spot, would you help me out of it?" Luke asked.

"Of course, your my brother" Rico said.

"Even if it was treason..." Luke added.

"Depends on what your after..." Rico answered.

Luke put his paw on his shoulder, "Hey, brothers stand with each other... When times are dark, when things are awry, when you need a helping hand, a brother should always be there for you"

Rico smiled, "Hm, you're very right..."

Present Day...

Rico sighed, "Even in dark times" he said to himself.