Chapter 35: Loss

Canada

Moonlake appeared in the room with a rose in his mouth. London who was reading a magazine saw the Eevee climb onto him and hand him the rose.

"Oh... Thank you"

"You're welcome" The Eevee replied blushing some more.

"You're way too kind for this world you know that" London said, patting his head.

"Mmmm, hehe~" The Eevee squeaked, his eyes turned pink.

Ketster standing outside with a blank expression on his face, holding a bottle of bleach. Isabel noticed him holding the bottle.

"What's with the bleach..."

"That kid is why-"

Moonlake jumped onto of London and began licking his cheek excitedly, "Whoa, someone's very happy"

"You make me happy~" Moonlake said, his tail was swishing around excitedly.

"Heh... I guess I do"

"Team meeting in 3 minutes-" Ketster said from the doorway.

"Got ya!" London said, Moonlake tucked his head under his chin and started purring excitedly.

"I'm gonna go dump this on my eyes now" Ketster said as he lifted the bottle close to his face. Isabel alarmed at the fact he was actually going to do it snatched the bottle from him and held it high in the air.

"Hey! What the fuck!" Ketster shouted.

"There are other ways to unsee what you don't like, why the hell would you try to bleach your eyes!? You know this shit isn't supposed to even touch your skin or your fur, but your eyes?! Are you mad!?" The Leafeon shouted.

"Give it to me!" Ketster shouted.

"Of course... Not..." Isabel replied.

Ketster started jumping to try and get the bottle from the Leafeon so she started running around the base.

London and Moonlake sat there wondering what had happened.

"What" They both went.

- - -

Germany

The convoy carrying Luke was traveling on the autobahn toward Düsseldorf. It was late at night and there weren't that many cars out so it was almost silent. The night lights easily made for an atmospheric environment as the convoy continued to drive down to the prison where Luke would be kept until it was time for his trial in the US.

Waterlily and her Pikachu were inside the transport with Like who was looking down at the shackles on his legs and arms.

"Tell me-" Waterlily said.

Luke's eyes moved upward to meet with her's, "What"

"- Instead of living a life with your family and leaving this life... Why didn't you seek help? Your ex-wife tried to negotiate with you. You could be home with your kits, reading them stories, teaching them how to read and write, taking them to school, learning more about them. Yet, you threw all of that out the window just because you have a few chemicals in your bloodstream-" Waterlily said, the Sylveon took a pen from her pocket and started playing around with it.

"We had the resources to help you. You refused them for whatever reason"

"They wouldn't help me"

"Oh I'm pretty sure they would. And deep down you did know-"

Luke growled quietly.

"Your mom is an expert with chemicals like that, correct?"

Luke was silent again.