Chapter 57: Flashbang

Washington DC

"The hell do you mean he got shot?!" Greene shouts.

"Police got reports of gunshots near the La'Enfant Plaza metro stop sir. When the EMTs go there they found Mr. Ayala on the ground in front of the entrance to the station, he was shoot fifteen times, whoever did this really wanted him gone" A voice over the phone

Greene runs his big paws through his thick hairlike fur, "Was a statement put out yet?"

"Already done sir"

"When the ballistics report is ready send it to me"

"Got it sir"

Greene pushes a button on the reciever and leans back into his chair. Braxton was an obstacle in his way but he never wanted him to get attacked though. The Arcanine gets up from his chair and goes upstairs to pay a visit to the surveillance division. He goes up to a Pangoro sitting at a desk, the Pokémon looks up at Greene and stops eating his chips.

"Have you found anything on Ayala's attacker?" Greene asks.

"Not yet, but I have seen something like this before while I was stationed in Budapest, a scientist from Poland was on his way home in Rome when he was gunned down in a crowd of people, guess where she used to work at?"

"... I don't know, wait... Kai Industries?"

"Bingo"

"Well then... Looks like we're gonna need to have a chat with one of our visitors" Greene says.

"Also the ballistics report you asked for came in not too long ago. This gun has custom ammo... Doesn't use any of the usual shit"

"Well that's not really surprising now... Keep me posted" Greene says, walking away.

"Yes sir-"

---

Washington DC VA Medical Centre

Braxton squints as the sunlight hits his eyes, it stings but he's happy to be alive. The Garchomp lifts his hospital gown to see all the bandages, he winces as he adjusts the position he's laying in, he can't move an inch without his torso begging for mercy.

"Great" He says.

Delevio and Keyen arrive in the room, the Glaceon wearing a fancy white coat and Keyen in a regular jacket. When Ayala looks over at them he grunts and squeezes his eyes shut for a second, he immediately notices Delevio holding a bouquet of flowers and a sense of dread hits him almost immediately.

"Even better" Braxton mutters.

"Are you done?" Delevio responds, putting the flowers in the vase by the window.

"Lemme guess, you're here to finish the job?"

Delevio laughs for a moment, "Mister Ayala, if we wanted to have you killed, we would have done a much better job at it unlike that dumbass"

"Well that's pretty reassuring..." Braxton retorts.

"Look we just wanna know what happened dude" Keyen says.

Braxton looks up at the ceiling and lets out a pained grunt.

"Honestly? You wanna know what happened? I saw my entire life flash before my eyes. I saw a Gengar. Blue hoodie, his face was completely hidden... It's all a blur, but I don't have a shadow of a doubt as to why this happened. The Metro was as usual, which means VERY Crowded. Of all the mons there were to potentially attack, the bastard had to choose me? I don't see how this' just terribly convenient. I was a target, not a random victim. That Gengar wanted me dead, and I doubt it was some radical acting on their own accord..."