Registration

"Miss Nicola, are you really not going with me back to the church to take a look?" Right before we parted ways, Selene was still trying her best to bring me and Nicola to Preston Cathedral together. After all, angels are very special existences in the church, so if she could bring the two of us angels to visit the grand cathedral, it would definitely be a great honor.

"Uh...we still have a lot of things to do, like going to the Adventurers' Guild." Nicola very tactfully rejected the other party's invitation.

Actually, ever since my last conversation with Selene about the church, Nicola still had some interest in this True Church. We had even discussed it specially between us, and even suspected there were shadows of other crossers behind it.

But because we had been talking about joining the Adventurers' Guild all this time, that was the most pressing issue right now, so there was no rush for the time being.

"Let's talk about it again when we have the chance."

"Alright then, I don't know how long it will be until I can see Miss Nicola again..." Since that was the case, Selene couldn't say much more. She could only leave very disappointedly with Irene, Adrian and the others.

As for Irene, it was already agreed that she would meet with other light elves at the church and hopefully get proper arrangements.

After bidding each other farewell, we agreed to meet up again after finishing everything that night.

"The Adventurers' Guild is actually not far, just near this lake." As Vivianne spoke, she led us along the road by the lakeside. The green belt by the shore was very nice, not only surrounded by tree shade, but there were benches placed at intervals for people to rest.

After not walking far, we saw a huge domed building standing by the roadside. The front had many columns standing side by side, looking very much like those national assembly styles, which looked especially conspicuous among the surrounding low buildings.

This is it! We could indeed see several plaques hanging on the roof, with the words:

"Adventurers' Guild"

There was also a small plaza in front of the building with people coming and going, very bustling.

"It's the headquarters of the Adventurers' Guild in the Astralrealm Kingdom so that they made it so grand." Vivianne explained to us. "If it's a branch in other cities, some of the premises can be very shabby."

When we went inside, we found the interior was not smaller than the exterior. It was somewhat like a train station ticket hall layout, with a spacious main hall towards the back, lined with many small windows. There were long queues in front of each window.

Each window seemed to serve a different purpose. Vivianne brought us to a window marked

"Registration"

and stopped, queueing at the back.

"Aren't you two angels just messing around coming to register as adventurers?" Vivianne whispered in my ear, as in her eyes, what we were doing was really wandering around aimlessly. Even if the two angels couldn't return to Edenmere for the time being, there was no need to come do odd jobs to earn money.

"I just don't want to trouble you guys anymore. Since there's a way to earn money, of course I have to be self-reliant." There were too many complications involved that I couldn't tell her we actually didn't dare to go back to that Edenmere, so of course we had to make long-term plans first. We couldn't keep eating and relying on them forever.

Nicola didn't seem to have thought too much about it. She didn't care much before, since she was from a wealthy family and wasn't too concerned about basic livelihood. But being penniless after leaving the forest made her start to feel very uncomfortable, so she was very supportive of coming along with me.