Vol 3/Chapter 26: The VIPs

"Reed, I'm confident she will succeed. Don't worry!"

Elara seemed very confident and didn't care much about the doubts, just casually waving her hand.

"You're right! I've seen that self-created magic before. If used properly, it can be very useful against magical creatures, especially high-level ones. And for a newborn angel to use magic like that, it shows the requirements are low and it can be equipped to the whole army."

The other 10-winged angel sitting on the right also held a positive view, but I think if she knew the conditions to learn this magic, she definitely wouldn't say that.

"I believe you all must be wondering who these few sitting here are?"

After all the dishes were served, Elara suddenly said to me and Cyra. Then she pointed to the right and to the angel who was unhappy earlier.

"Before the banquet starts, let me introduce you, this is Councillor Yvonne from the Angel Council, and also one of the three angel elders..."

"...Nice to meet you!"

Suddenly, Cyra stood up and pulled me along too. I had no choice but to bow slightly to her and politely greet her.

In contrast, the other party just sat there and nodded at us impassively, and that was it.

Oh well, she's a VIP after all! I suddenly felt a little envious of Nicola. Although the food looks decent, greeting like this is so tiring!

"This is Council Member Meg, also one of the three elders..."

Next was the 10-winged angel who spoke positively earlier. Although she didn't stand up either, at least she smiled at us.

"And finally this is Council Member Pauline."

She's not an elder finally. She even stood up and smiled at us. I felt a little flattered.

After introducing the right side, Elara turned her eyes to the left where two other 10-winged angels and one 8-winged angel sat.

"Those here are the Commanders of the 2nd, 4th and 5th Angel Legions."

Since those on the left were not councillors and had lower status, Elara's introduction was much briefer.

"They are Commander Josie, Commander Janet and Commander Cheryl respectively."

As expected, the Commanders were not pretentious at all. When their names were called, they politely returned the gesture.

"I know you all have a question - why are there so many people at this welcome banquet?"

After the introductions, Elara continued speaking, "The main purpose of the elders and councillors coming is because they heard two newborn angels reached 6 wings in just a month. So they came specifically to confirm..."

She suddenly turned her head and smiled at Yvonne next to her, "What do you think, Elder Yvonne? Although the other newborn angel Nicola is not here, Fellow 6-winger Feliciana should be able to clear your doubts right?"

"Hmm..."

Yvonne closed her eyes for a while, thought for a bit, then looked up and asked me, "You are Feliciana right? Can you guarantee that you are a newborn angel of this batch and not an older angel impersonating?"

"Huh? I just arrived at Edenmere yesterday right?"

I was shocked. Didn't expect she would ask me this.

Could it be that this Councillor recognizes my angel body? A thought crossed my mind. I couldn't help but start imagining...

"You must be joking! How can this be impersonated!" Elara probably didn't expect her to ask such a direct question either, she responded with an awkward laugh.