Vol 3/ Chapter 75: Triplet Vampires

"Most of them went out with the angel guards, some went to the shopping district to find lighting supplies, they haven't come back yet..."

Norma's voice revealed a hint of worry, it's understandable given the situation outside.

"I think it's best if we don't make bright lights anymore..."

The shrieks from the creatures in the sky just now made me feel uneasy. What if our location gets discovered because of the lights?

But just after I finished speaking, another shriek sounded, even closer this time. Then I saw swarms of shadows rushing in through the windows.

"Ahhh!"

Juliet and Gwen screamed and hid under the service counter, too shocked to know what to do.

I had no choice but to quickly cast two "Light Shields", one in front of Norma and one for myself, barely blocking the first wave of impact.

Bats?

In that instant when the shadows collided with my shield, I seemed to make out their silhouette. Among the creatures I know, only vampires match that bat-like form. But even if they were vampires, why would so many come at once?

After crashing into us once, the bats seemed to realize the angels were tough opponents. They didn't linger in the hall but flew back out as quickly as they came.

"Be careful! I almost forgot monsters can also locate us by the light element."

Seeing Norma was unharmed, I yelled to remind them. But it was useless to say it now, our location was exposed.

The abundant light elements in the air could have provided some cover earlier, but after dissipating outside for a while, almost nothing was left.

"Then... what do we do? There's nowhere left to hide?"

Gwen and Juliet poked their heads out from behind the counter, trembling as they asked.

Somehow those two didn't seem injured. Their hiding spot was quite good.

"There's nowhere left to hide!"

With a shrill laugh, the ceiling was suddenly blasted open. A figure plunged from above.

"Since my kin found you, how could I let you escape?"

"Another vampire!"

Seeing his coat and tailcoat through the hole's light, my body started shaking too. I couldn't help backing away one step.

Our luck today was just too bad, running into our nemesis right off the bat. I still vividly remembered almost dying under a vampire before!

But this one seemed weaker than the last, probably not sixth level yet based on his dark aura.

If he was only fifth order, we angels working together should have no problem defeating him. We took down Camille, another fifth-order succubus, so...

"Feliciana, we're counting on you! You must destroy him!"

Under the powerful aura of a high-order creature, Juliet and Gwen didn't dare come out from the counter. I could only hear their voices.

Norma wasn't much better. Realizing something was wrong, she hid over there, but the space was too small and half her wings stuck out.

"Hey now! This wasn't my plan!"

I was completely stunned. They were only one order below me, yet they chickened out this badly?