Vol 3/Chapter 109: Leaving

"Huh?"

Seeing Elara open her arms and wings, looking unusually mystical, I felt confused. This kind of statement seemed a bit too fantastical!

"Could this be the oracle of the Lord..."

Cyra then associated it with her faith, and got excited immediately. But her words were abruptly interrupted by Nicola.

"I already said it's not your Lord!"

"How do you know for sure it's not the Lord? Angels in the Church are originally servants of the Lord, it's very normal for communication between them, totally makes sense!"

When it comes to matters of faith, Cyra still insisted on arguing, and even cited a lot of religious texts to prove this point.

"So you mean we are all servants of your Lord now? I'll pass on being a scapegoat!"

I couldn't stand it anymore and jumped in. After all, Elara had already made it clear that the angels have nothing to do with the Lord of the True Church. Yet this girl was still nagging about it. As expected, the brains of True Church believers are not quite normal, no matter which world's True Church!

"Liana's memories just clearly explained the origins of the angel clan, didn't you see it?"

"I..."

Facing the joint attack from Nicola and me, Cyra simply couldn't answer, and could only mutter dissatisfiedly to herself softly.

"If it's not the Lord, then who else could that 'Saint' be?"

"Thousands of years ago, before me, Elara the Second was a cruel ruler. At that time, all the angels in Edenmere suffered under her brutal oppression. It was under the guidance of the 'Saint' that I determined to overthrow her."

To support her claim, Elara also cited her personal experience. Seeing that we still didn't quite believe it, she further explained:

"Of course, I'm not insisting that you believe in this 'Saint', I just want you - especially Nicola - to understand that there are higher powers beyond what we know. So don't be arrogant!"

"Based on my logical reasoning, this is more likely an auditory hallucination caused by subjective cognitive disorder, similar to Cyra's situation."

Reed dismissed it indifferently in a low voice, of course, the others couldn't hear it.

But from my understanding, it seemed like Elara was subtly jabbing at Nicola, deliberately fabricating a higher so-called "Saint" to remind her not to be too arrogant and restrain herself.

After all, I felt that Nicola had become more and more arrogant recently, relying on her sharp Condensation Sword, almost dismissing everyone.

Perhaps if it were the other two Elders, they might not have dared to do this, because Nicola was the reincarnation of the Founder Liana. But Elara was different. She was closer to us due to more interactions with us.

"If Reilly is Liana's soul transmigrating to Earth, what about the others? Could there be other big shots whose souls also ended up on Earth?"

As we were flying back, Cyra suddenly thought of this question and shamelessly pointed at herself again.

"Like me, can you tell? Might I also be a reincarnated angel?"

"Since finding your Lord is hopeless, so you've started to give up?"

I couldn't stand it and mocked her.

"Who said that? The Lord exists, I firmly believe!"

As expected, Cyra loudly refuted me again. After speaking, she was still muttering to herself softly.

"Because I've seen him with my own eyes, I must find him..."

"Of the four elemental angels, only three have appeared so far. There are no records of any traces of the water angel..."

Flying in front, Elara suddenly looked back at me meaningfully.

"Remember I said before, Feliciana, that your wings once turned blue? What are your thoughts about your origins regarding this?"

"Ah...me?"

I pointed at myself, instantly stunned, even forgetting to fly, hovering in place.

...

In the familiar practice field of the Tivi Palace, Aetina, Elara, Juliet, Gwen and other angels were seeing us off.

"You guys have decided to go to the Sages Council?"

Elara looked somewhat reluctant to part ways.

"Of course! Although my situation is probably clear, Feliciana's isn't necessarily so."

Nicola said matter-of-factly.

"If she is the reincarnation of the water angel, her control over the water element seems too weak, which doesn't quite make sense..."

"That's true. The Sages Council does have considerable research on souls after all, perhaps they can find out exactly what the reason is."

Aetina nodded in agreement.

"Well said. There are still many angels lying in bed after being hurt by the Nightmare. We can also ask those sages to come and help later."

Elara also thought of this and immediately reminded us.

"Every day at noon, I will regularly open the entrance and exit of Edenmere. Remember to contact me using the spiritual magic after you arrive at the Sages Council."

"No problem!"

I readily agreed. Elara had already personally taught us how to use the "Spiritual Convergence" magic, we just needed more practice.

Speaking of which, this is an amazing spell. My first impression after learning it was a strong sense of familiarity because its functions are very similar to Internet communication apps on Earth.

For Internet communication apps on Earth, electric signals enable communication. In "Spiritual Convergence", it is the light elements pervading the air all over the world that enable communication. As long as the physical connection between light elements is unbroken, no matter how far, responses can be obtained instantly. After all, everyone understands the speed of light!

Although it is the same magic, due to users having different roles, it can also be divided into "server-side" and "client-side".

For example, when Elara uses this magic, it's different from us. She needs to widely receive messages transmitted from other places. So the requirements for her mental power are very high. The more incoming transmission sources, the higher the requirements, with seemingly no upper limit.

This is also why it's said that only angels with eight wings or more can perfectly use this magic. Because only they can act as the "server-side"!