Vol 3/Chapter 14: Reed

"This is the angel's library!"

Standing in front of a tall domed building, Cyra stood with one hand on her hip as she introduced it.

The library was not located in a particularly remote area. But after leaving the commercial street, the number of people around had started to decrease.

Standing at the entrance of the library and looking around, I almost didn't see any traces of creatures.

"It's so desolate. Are you sure this is the right place?"

I questioned with some disbelief.

"Of course! I've been here several times already. The angel population is small, this is normal..."

Cyra confirmed without hesitation. After looking at Nicola following behind me, she showed a frightened expression.

Just now, Nicola was also ruthless, forcibly plucking one of Cyra's feathers, hurting her so much that she screamed. Even the angel patrol squad circling over the city heard it and flew over to inquire about the situation.

"Don't worry! As long as you don't always play with words, I won't have the leisure to bully you. You brought this onto yourself..."

Seeing Cyra like that, Nicola also had a helpless expression.

"But it hurts! I didn't expect it to hurt so much to pluck an angel's feathers...you guys are too cruel!"

Cyra said very aggrievedly, making us look like big demons.

"Didn't you claim to be a dude? Why are you acting like a whiny girl now?"

Nicola really couldn't stand her appearance and made the plucking motion again to frighten her.

"If you say any more I'll pluck another feather!"

"Help! My wives are going to pluck my feathers..."

Seeing this, Cyra didn't dare stay there anymore. She ran straight into the library.

"Reed, come help me quick! Only you can deal with the great demon Nicola now!"

"Hey, don't run so fast!"

Nicola and I hurried to follow her in, afraid that the library was too big and we might get lost without a guide.

"What a high ceiling..."

After entering from the front door into the interior, I suddenly felt open space in front of me, with a spacious rectangular hall appearing before my eyes. But the most stunning thing was still the ceiling above my head. I had thought such a tall building would be divided into several floors, but in fact there wasn't even a second floor. The whole structure of the building was just like a chimney with a domed roof. The bright light from outside shone directly onto the ground through the dome, eliminating the need for any additional lighting.

"Where's Cyra?"

I looked around. Apart from a row of tables in front with a four-winged angel who looked like the manager standing behind them, I couldn't see anyone else. There were a few more doors opened across the hall. The real book chambers were probably behind them.

"Are you guys together?"

That four-winged angel seemed to be quite familiar with Cyra already. She pointed to one of the doors and said,

"She went inside again to look for Reed. But you two are new faces. It seems I've never seen you before..."

"Yes, this is our first time here."