Vol 3/Chapter 28: Awakening from the Dream

"Newlyweds? What nonsense are you talking about, who did I marry?" I asked in confusion, suddenly realizing that Cyra was not wearing her usual white dress - instead, she was in a bridesmaid's dress!

"What's with your clothes?"

"Hello, I'm your bridesmaid what! What else would I be wearing?" Cyra replied and pulled me outside, urging "Stop dawdling! The wedding is starting, let's get to the chapel!"

I impatiently stopped her in the hallway, demanding seriously, "Tell me clearly whose wedding this is!"

I was lost about how I got here and why I was in a wedding dress. And now Cyra was dragging me around talking about a wedding... this situation was just too bizarre!

Cyra turned back, looking at me as if I was being unreasonable. "Don't tell me you're having second thoughts? Or did you just doze off in the waiting room earlier?"

I cut to the chase and asked directly, "Why would I be getting married? And who is the groom?" Her messing with me had left my mind in chaos.

Honestly, everything was bizarre after waking up, with an ominous atmosphere everywhere. I would not rest until I got some clear answers.

"Are you joking with me?" Cyra looked at me in disbelief. "You agreed to marry Reilly yourself! And now you're asking me why. Don't tell me you're having second thoughts?"

"Reilly?"

I doubted my ears - Reilly had become Nicola, how could he be the groom? And why would I marry her, two girls in a lesbian wedding?

"Take me to see..."

Since asking Cyra was useless, I would ask Nicola directly. I took the initiative to follow her toward the familiar large door at the end of the hallway. As it opened, a grand hall appeared before my eyes.

"This is the Tivi Palace? Why is Elara using the hall for the wedding?" Many questions swirled in my mind. Something seemed missing from my memory - if I could remember it, all this would make sense!

There were so many people inside... The hall was filled, and all seemingly familiar faces - Norma, Mona, Aetna ... even Selene, Alfreed and Adrian were there!

I quickly went to Adrian and asked in surprise, "How did you get here? This is Edenmere, how can humans enter?"

"What is Edenmere..." Adrian looked at me strangely, but before he could reply, Cyra pushed me forward... The crowd parted to reveal two people standing under the Archangel statue.

"Bishop Rist?" I stared at him dressed in bishop's yellow robes, standing before me. Even more shocking was the other person. "Reilly?"

Indeed, the so-called "groom" before me was unexpectedly Reilly instead of Nicola! The male version of him!

"How can this be? How did you change back?" I asked incredulously. Could this be some illusion magic? But as I sensed him more closely, I found no traces of light elemental power on him.

There were no signs of any light elemental power, not only on Reilly but also in the surroundings and everyone present!

"Don't tell me... I'm not an angel anymore?" I turned and realized I had no wings at all, they weren't hidden, they were simply not there! Nor could I sense any light elemental power in myself.

I kept examining my body. I was not an angel anymore, so why was I still in female form, even wearing a wedding dress...

"What change back? Angels, what are you talking about?" The Reilly-lookalike looked at me blankly as if he had no idea about the gender change. Then a sudden look of realization, "Oh I get it darling! Of course, you're my angel! We're getting married after all!"