A Pig Head Sparks a Bloody Incident

"What about that bony dragon? Did Alfreed finish it off?"

I saw the vampire die with my own eyes, so no wonder he has reverted back to his original form - a bat split in half, lying not far from me.

"Of course I helped chop it to death."

Nicola proudly pointed behind me. I looked back and indeed, there were lots of white bone fragments scattered around, dead beyond dead.

"Cheating!"

I said enviously and jealously, turning my head back in envy.

"Then how did you find this place?"

I asked curiously. This was the Dark Continent after all. I was wondering how to find a place to teleport back. If she could come here, doesn't that mean we can go back too?

"You all should change locations first before talking!"

Alfreed suddenly came over to interrupt.

"This place is not safe. Since Feliciana is fine, let's get out of here quickly."

He then asked Nicola,

"Which direction did you come from?"

"That way!"

Nicola pointed northwest. We were currently west of Val City, so the direction she came from should be northwest of Val City.

"We can talk while moving."

Adrian spoke up too. His opinion was the same as Alfreed's - this place was too unsafe.

And the direction Nicola came from likely had the new teleport location. So everyone began to withdraw quickly.

When I took off, I realized Nicola had grown another pair of wings on her back.

"You ranked up again?"

It had only been a few days. For her to become six-winged, her speed was too fast. What a difference a short separation makes.

"Many things happened while you were gone these past few days."

Nicola flew beside me. Because we still had to look out for the others walking on the ground, our speed was very slow.

"Just on the second day after you went missing, news came from the capital up north that a large army of magical beasts had suddenly approached. This time it wasn't a distant border war anymore, the whole city began mobilizing, and the Adventurers Association also temporarily stopped accepting quests..."

"I know about this!"

I nodded to indicate I understood this matter very clearly.

"It was because the teleport locator stayed in Tethys Town. The magical beast army couldn't find it, so they had no choice but to launch the attack early."

"You know?"

Everyone below looked up at me.

"Uh... I haven't told you all yet. Earlier I caught a caveman near the volcano..."

I quickly shared with everyone the intelligence I had interrogated out of Borg.

"So that's what happened. Actually the official information the capital gave us adventurers was that the dark creatures had found a way to transport large numbers of troops across the border defenses via teleportation..."

The flying Nicola next to me turned her head and said.

"That night when you didn't come home, I was very worried. Like you, I went to the Adventurers Association to ask for news. They told me you were on a mission escorting church members to Tethys Town up north..."