Vol 3/Chapter 64: Extra Reward

The sense of urgency now forced me to face this issue, but I still couldn't find an effective solution.

"What's the matter?"

I followed behind Elara in silence all the way, and finally couldn't help but ask.

"It's not a big deal, I'll tell you when we get to my office!"

Her voice sounded very relaxed, which allowed me to put my heart down for the moment.

I heard about Elara's office for the first time. But on second thought, it made sense that the ruler of a country would need an office.

"We're here!"

Before long we stopped in front of a set of doors. Elara opened her arms and pushed open the doors, walking in first.

Inside was a luxurious office as expected. The extravagant interior design, spacious desk, exquisite and comfortable chairs, and a sofa next to it for resting and receiving guests.

"I've heard about your and Nicola's performance at the martial arts tournament..."

After entering, she didn't beat around the bush and got straight to the point.

"So what do you mean?"

I immediately understood when I heard that, but it seemed a bit too much to call me here for such a small matter!

I thought we did quite well in the competition, but if Elara wanted to give some extra rewards, why did she only call me and not Nicola?

"Let's talk about Nicola first..."

Elara didn't answer my question directly, but stared at me and asked instead.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier that she can manipulate wind elements?"

"Well..."

I was startled and broke into a cold sweat. Crap! It turned out she didn't call me for a reward, but to interrogate me!

"Because you didn't ask!"

I answered guiltily, not knowing if I was digging my own grave, but I simply couldn't come up with a better response on the spot.

"You don't need to report it if I don't ask?"

As expected, Elara didn't buy my crap at all, her voice suddenly rose.

"Do you know how I felt when I received the report saying Nicola exhibited signs of powerful battle qi during the competition? And then when I asked Aetina and she told me it was wind element magic, how did I feel?"

"Is there a difference?"

I was confused and stared blankly for a long time before asking.

"Of course, there's a difference! The battle qi are much more powerful than elements."

Elara sighed and explained.

"Do you know why humans are generally less talented than angels, but many can still reach the 7th order and above in top combat strength?"

"Isn't it because there are more humans?"

After another long pause, I explained just in case she didn't understand.

"Because there are so many humans, it's possible for some outliers with solid talents to appear, right?"

"Uh... that's not the reason I'm talking about."

Elara suddenly realized she seemed to have been led off track and quickly pulled it back to the main topic.

"Many 7th order and above humans don't know any magic at all. They can rank among top experts relying solely on pure martial arts skills. A big contributing factor is the existence of battle qi..."