Vol 3/Chapter 38: The Most Feared Thing

"But how does it manipulate dreams without getting close?"

Just thinking that I and Nicola were actually approached by such a dangerous monster at the bedside, and even in a dream, really makes me feel terrified.

If I was accidentally touched by the nightmare, such as on the head, would it explode directly?

"It should be some kind of spiritual influence..."

Even Teacher Aetina was not very clear about why this was happening.

"Now we only know for sure that nightmares generally lead out the most feared things in the dreamer's subconscious at the time, using this as the basis for the dream, gradually peeking out inner secrets, to obtain information. This belongs to the spiritual level."

The most feared thing? I was stunned immediately, recalling the dream I had. My greatest fear turned out to be marrying Nicola?

Given Nicola's previous identity, I didn't want to marry her, which was understandable, but to talk about "the most feared", it seemed a bit far-fetched, right? Shouldn't the most feared thing normally be death?

And what does marrying the male version of her mean? Is this bizarre plot hinting at something? Do I not want Nicola to change back very much?

Hmm...thinking carefully, it does seem to be that way...

Nicola's current looks and figure are top-notch, not to mention she is an angel. Although only suitable for distant viewing, to be honest, she is still quite eye-catching. Plus her carefree personality, I can enjoy some benefits from time to time ←_←.

But what did her dream represent? She said she also dreamed of marrying me, and she was the groom and I was the bride...

What the heck...

I got confused all at once. According to the most feared theory, it's not surprising that Nicola fears marrying me, that's understandable. But her claim that she was the male in the dream marriage is worth pondering...

Could Nicola's subconscious also be afraid of changing back? What kind of weird thing is this? It feels completely inconsistent with the facts! Did I get it wrong, am I overthinking this? Or is she lying and hasn't told me the truth?

Because I kept speculating randomly, I didn't listen in class today.

After class, I thought about it and had nothing to do so I flew to the library again.

Surprisingly, Reed was not at the outdoor training ground today. Looking at the empty field, I paused, it seemed I could only go to the Magic Section to look for her. Unfortunately, Cyra was more concerned with the new room assigned to us and did not come with me.

Upon entering the Magic Section, I did indeed see that book-loving girl again. Just like when I first saw her after arriving in Edenmere, Reed was now kneeling on the floor behind a pile of books, concentrating on reading.

"Where's Nicola?"

I walked around the library and didn't see anyone else, so I had to ask her.

"Don't know. I told her to keep helping collect gases, but she disappeared later."

Reed raised her head and glanced at me as she casually replied.

"She's probably slacking off somewhere."

"That girl! She hasn't gone to magic class for two days in a row. Does she hate magic that much? What if she runs into the nightmare?"

I sighed, feeling I had wrecked my brain over this.