Vol 3/Chapter 70: Water Element Control

"Is there any quick magic to dry clothes? My wings are wrapped around me so I can't fly anymore..."

Cyra twisted her body, her face flushed red as she pleaded to Reed for help.

She only had two wings. With them wrapped around her body, there was nothing left to fly with. Nicola and I still had at least two extra pairs that we could use.

"The Light element doesn't have magic like that. You'll just have to wait for your clothes to air dry!"

Reed ruthlessly replied. Then she turned her head towards me.

"This is a good chance, Feliciana. Try using your water element control to dry her clothes."

"Dry the water from her clothes? Isn't that too difficult for a first try?"

I smiled wryly. She was asking too much.

Normally, I could only control the Light element within my own body. There was also Water element inside me. I could even make it flow around meaninglessly. I just didn't know the right way to cast water magic.

But it was different outside my body. Even as an angel, I couldn't control the Light element externally. The only way was to absorb it into my body through my wings and then use it.

So compared to that, directly controlling external Water elements was like a huge leap. Especially clothes with physical water on them, while Cyra had her whole body wrapped in wings!

"I'll try with other water first..."

I decided to start with something simpler like my hand. The air was filled with water vapour that could also be tried.

Ordinary people might think water vapour and Water elements were the same thing. But after experiencing the Light element, I knew they were two different states.

According to Reed's theory, the Water element itself was a form of energy. While water vapour and liquid water were materialized substances of Water element. Just like how angels were made of Light elements. I could sense the difference just like with Light element.

This was interesting. It meant all matter in this world was probably formed from various elements. But there was an exception - Qi, which was different from any known element according to Aetina and Elara. Could it be the unknown 7th element?

"Oh, it worked..."

I focused my mind to move the water moisture in the air like controlling my internal Light element. And it moved as I willed!

"Really?"

Cyra and Nicola couldn't help but confirm with me again. From their view, nothing had happened. The amount I controlled was tiny and macroscopically invisible.

"Why not try my clothes then, like Reed said?"

Cyra didn't unfold her wings to expose herself. She just pointed at the wet hem of her dress not covered by wings.

"So petty..."

I pouted.

"Don't blame me if your clothes get damaged."

"It's just a little bit. I'm not worried!"

She nonchalantly replied. But the hem of her dress instantly started dripping water at an abnormal speed. The fabric colour lightened, dried, and wrinkled.

"What's going on? This is more than just drying!"

Cyra looked down in surprise at her legs. In just seconds, the soft wet fabric had become dry and stiff folds that cracked when lightly touched.