Transmigrated Again?

I had a dream where I turned into Monkey King, flying around in the sky, dodging the palm of the Buddha. No matter how I tried, I couldn't escape him. Eventually, he slapped my wings off with his palm...

"Buddha, you cheated! Monkeys don't have wings!" I yelled as I spiraled down from the sky.

But he completely ignored me. I kept falling and falling, as if I would never reach the ground.

I woke up with a start, sitting up from the ground.

"Ahhhhh!"

An intense tearing pain shot through my right back, piercing my heart. Because of the pain, I collapsed back onto the ground. For a moment, I thought my nightmare had come true and the Buddha really slapped my wings off. But when I turned my head right, I saw...

It was Selene. She was lying curled up on my wing, clutching a large feather in her mouth, drooling all over it.

"So soft...smells so nice..." she mumbled.

Too outrageous! She had drooled all over half my wing! I pushed her off forcefully to rescue my wing from the devil's clutches.

Oww... My whole right-wing felt numb from her sleeping on it! And now all wet, it was so much heavier, putting more pressure on my back.

"Ugh..." At the sight of strings of shiny saliva slowly dripping from the feather tips, I couldn't help but retch a few times. I didn't dare move my wings now for fear that her spit would spray everywhere.

"Mm..." Pushed aside, Selene quickly sat up groggily, blinking as she looked around before realizing what happened.

"Why was I sleeping on the ground?"

"And you still dare ask! You used my wing as a mattress!" She had made me so mad. I rubbed my wing vigorously against the rocky ground, trying to wipe off some of the drool.

"And you just had to coat it with a layer of your spit too!"

"Oh, your feathers... Pfft--" She finally saw the sorry state of my wings and understood what happened. But she actually laughed instead of apologizing!

"Serves you right! It's your fault for falling asleep so fast last night!" Apparently she was blaming this on me instead of showing any remorse.

"What about your promise to help clean me up?" Her words suddenly reminded me of our earlier agreement.

Oh no, I lost my chance at gold coins...

"I'm so sorry, I was just too tired and couldn't stay awake any longer..." As I started apologizing, I noticed her face and body looked quite clean already, with barely any traces left of the green ghoulfly goo from yesterday night.

"Huh? How did you get cleaned up?"

"With water, of course!" Selene nonchalantly made a basin appear from thin air. She tossed a water ball spell into it and had a basin of clear water ready in seconds.

"Hard to clean up properly by myself in the dark with no one to help. Took me forever to wash up."

"So the spare clothes too?" I saw she was wearing something new instead of yesterday's outfit. Now I understood.

"Yup! The storage ring is so convenient!" Selene beamed at me. Then she squatted by the basin and started splashing water on her face. Afterwards, she even took out a comb and mirror to check her appearance before putting them away, satisfied that she looked fine.

"..."

The rich really can get away with anything, huh? Money lets you do whatever you want?

After she finished freshening up, I couldn't stand it anymore and rinsed my wings with the water too. While waiting for them to dry, I took the chance to examine our surroundings again.