Vol 3/Chapter 33: The Second Condensation Sword

That night, as I was fully focused on reading the Foundation of Light Magic I had borrowed, Nicola suddenly burst into my room again with a loud "bang".

The scene was the same as yesterday's - she stumbled onto my bed.

"What's up? Was it difficult to separate the gases? You look completely exhausted." I put down my book and asked her expressionlessly.

"Separating gases was quite easy. After all, I'm already very skilled at it..." Nicola mumbled into my mattress.

"But after you guys left, Reed suddenly had the idea of getting me to try making a sword. That wore me out..."

"A sword?" I was puzzled. That's a weapon, isn't it? When we were at the library, Reed was still worrying about compressed gases. How did she suddenly decide to have Nicola make a sword?

Could it be that she saw the power of Nicola's Condensation Sword and wanted one for herself to play with?

But does Nicola even know how to make other weapons besides the Condensation Sword? I've never seen her create any other celestial weapons before.

"Oh forget it! Let's not talk about that..."

Nicola suddenly sat up and said seriously,

"Let's get to the point. The main reason why I'm cooperating with Reed's experiments is because I discovered that improving my control over the wind element has an amazing benefit."

"What benefit?" My interest was immediately piqued. I had been wondering why she suddenly became so enthusiastic. So she had an agenda all along.

"It's related to the Condensation Sword of course!" Nicola gave me a mysterious smile. Then she held out her palm.

"Remember the experiment we did before? At most, I could only summon one Condensation Sword. But after seeing my future self wield so many swords, I kept thinking of a way to do the same..."

"So after two days of training my control, I finally succeeded! Ta-da! Behold!"

She smugly summoned a Condensation Sword like she always does. Then without stopping, she summoned a second Condensation Sword!

"Although this is the limit of what I can do for now, it should be enough for the both of us."

"Amazing!" I took the two identical Condensation Swords from her and examined them repeatedly. I couldn't find any differences at all. But I still had to confirm,

"Did you test how sharp they are?"

"Of course I tested them! Same quality, same sharpness!"

"If one sword disappears, the other won't vanish along with it right?"

I still couldn't believe I could just easily obtain an extra celestial weapon like this. I kept trying to find the catch.

"I already considered that issue too. Unfortunately..." Nicola deliberately made a regretful face.

"No problems at all! See for yourself!"

As she said that, she pointed at the two Condensation Swords in my hands. Indeed, when one vanished, the other remained.

"In...Invincible!" I stuttered, feeling like I had reached the peak of my life. To finally have my own Condensation Sword!

And Nicola had the smugest look ever.

"Even if you can't use them, I can dual-wield them myself! Hahaha! Galaxy Explosion Slash! Here I come!"

"Don't be delusional..." I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. But gaining an extra Condensation Sword was indeed a huge increase in our battle power. In the future, we could even try to give everyone including Cyra and Reed their sword. That would virtually make us untouchable!