Vol 3/ Chapter 90: Loot "Spoils"

"Let's talk about Yvonne first..."

Elara was unable to understand quantum communication and turned to ask Mia instead.

"Did you find anything on her?"

"Yes, these are all the things found on Yvonne..."

Mia immediately took out item by item from her storage ring and laid them on the ground. Among them were weapons, money, change of clothes, emptied storage rings, and some miscellaneous little gadgets that were unrecognizable.

"I'm a little dizzy, this guy has so many personal belongings. How are we supposed to find that legendary 'escape teleportation gadget'?"

Cyra blinked and complained.

"I remember when we killed Janette, the personal belongings she left behind were collected by you, why not take them out as well?"

Nicola suddenly recalled and reminded Mia.

"Janette? You killed Janette?"

I had always thought Jeanette was either captured or escaped, but it turned out she was killed by Nicola.

"It was a coincidence. Earlier when I went back to the city with Mia, we flew straight to the Tivi Palace to find you, but at the Royal Hall we saw two ten-winged angels fighting, although I didn't recognize either of them. But Mia recognized one as Councilor Meg, and the other as Janette."

Nicola spread her hands helplessly, briefly recounting the entire process.

"At the time we didn't know why they were fighting, let alone that Janette was also a traitor. We just saw from the battle that Councilor Meg seemed to be disadvantaged, while Janette kept pressing her. After secretly watching for a while, I realized that this Janette kept instilling some nonsense that Michelle is the true light to Councilor Meg, which of course could not be tolerated! So I took the opportunity when she was unaware and sneaked up from behind, stabbing her directly to death."

"You're quite ruthless..."

Although I said this, I also knew that if Nicola hadn't bumped into them by chance, Janette would most likely have escaped as well. After all, with Janette's status, she was fully qualified to possess that kind of "escape teleportation gadget".

"Councilor Meg is fine now, right?"

Speaking of this councillor, I recalled the original plan for this morning, I was going to attend the hearing with Cyra on behalf of Reed, but now it seemed I didn't need to consider this matter anymore.

"Although Councilor Meg suffered some minor injuries, her wings were intact. She was healed quickly afterwards. Physically she is fine now, just mentally..."

Elara seemed a little hesitant but eventually disclosed everything.

"Her mental state has been a bit depressed, seemingly very impacted by Janette's words, which worries me greatly. But Meg is after all a councillor and an elder, I can't restrict her movements, I can only secretly have some confidants keep an eye on her for now..."

"Why, is Councilor Meg also showing signs of defecting? What exactly did Janette say?"

Since Cyra came late, she didn't know the situation back then. But I had heard everything clearly from start to finish.

"Is it because of the matter of the angel ancestors?"

"I don't know why the ancestors disappeared thousands of years ago. Although successive Elaras have inherited many secrets, there are no records explaining the whereabouts of the two founders."