Vol 3/Chapter 58: Grades

No worries, physical entity, right? Although I don't know any large-scale physical magic, there just so happens to be a simple one that I've learned before - "Light Shield"!

Reed mentioned before that the spell she uses to constrain gases referenced the principles of "Light Shield", since this mid-level spell was developed specifically for defending against physical attacks.

It requires six shields - above, below, left, right, front and back.

Luckily, the "Light Sheet" wasn't completely useless. With them, the moving target not only shrank in size but its speed was also significantly reduced. I quickly summoned six shields and boxed them in like a cage.

The good thing about these shields made of light elements is that in a translucent state, you can see the situation behind them.

The target barely escaped from the "Light Sheet"'s grip before its speed immediately recovered, only to ram straight into the surface of the "Light Shield", leaving a huge dent. But ultimately it bounced back onto another shield.

Mid-level magic really can't withstand much...

Although this was expected, I still grimaced and added another layer on the outside.

After sending out 12 mid-level spells continuously, the light element in my body was nearly depleted.

Fortunately, the random bouncing against the shield walls was equally damaging to the target itself, and each shield could still withstand a few seconds since it wouldn't always hit the same dented spot.

Replenishing the "Light Shield" consumed much less than throwing dozens of spells at once, so before long I had recovered, then opened up the "lid" a little and threw in a few more "Light Puppet".

Suddenly I had a ridiculous feeling that this whole "adding ingredients" process was like cooking something, except the quality of this "shield pot" was a bit lacking...

Maintaining this approach wasn't bad either. Although each "Light Puppet" consumed energy of 2-3 Purifications, the target being "cooked" inside gave me a chance to recover and recast. Especially when multiple puppets were stacked, the effect was surprisingly good - the basketball-sized target slowly became more and more immobilized until it could barely move at all in the viscous light element "congee".

Finally the "Light Shield" became less damaged, to the point where I could remove the outer "pot" entirely after the target came to a complete stop.

By now, light element consumption had returned to the same rate as the first stage. Time for "Lost Paradise Blast" to make its encore!

Unexpectedly, under the wrapping of "Light Puppet" the blast's power also seemed somewhat reduced.

After a few tests I finally figured it out - it wasn't just the "Light Sanctum", it appeared the light element itself had a certain effect of lowering magic power, which also explained why angels could be immune to magic to a certain degree.

But this didn't impact my plan, because unlike the "Light Sanctum", the "Light Puppet" were mobile. I could just control them to expose a small part of the target and blast that, the effect would still be great.

In comparison, Phoebe's giant magic was not as useful as my "magic puppet congee". At least she hadn't researched any other more effective methods. Although the high-tier spells had considerable effect each time, she had to recite and summon the giant all over again after each one. So who would win was still up in the air!

After a period of back and forth, the gap between me and Phoebe was shrinking. When both our targets shrank down to just pellet size, the moment that would decide everything finally arrived.