Vol 3/Chapter 49: I Have a Special Move

"This is normal. After all, Nightmare's threat does not lie in combat..."

I quickly explained. She had never gone out into the outside world, let alone seen ordinary monsters, so it was not too strange for her to think this way.

"Anyway, I've passed the message on to you. Now that Lady Elara has agreed to lift the 'sleep ban', feel free to sleep later if you want. You don't need to gather together every day to play that, what was it called again?"

"Poker!"

Cyra quickly reminded her.

"Right, right! Poker."

Norma smiled rarely and couldn't help reminding Cyra as she left:

"That poker game you invented is quite interesting. I underestimated it. Remember to make me a deck tomorrow too. I'll help you get the materials."

"No problem! I've invented many other ways to play too! I'll show you when we have time!"

Cyra shouted back without even turning her head.

"Wait a minute!"

Seeing that Norma was about to leave, Nicola suddenly thought of something and hurriedly chased after her...

"...You invented it?"

I looked at Cyra in disbelief. This shameless guy claimed the invention of poker so blatantly.

"It's a common trope for transmigrators, don't you know that?"

Cyra shook his head at me smugly.

"Anyway, I've got the patent for poker in this world now. None of you even think about stealing it from me!"

"Shameless b*stard!"

I gritted my teeth. Why didn't I think of creating something unique to this world, like mahjong, chess or go...

"If the 'sleep ban' is lifted, will the fighting tournament continue?"

Nicola and Norma's conversation could be heard clearly from the hallway.

"Of course! Once it starts, it will usually continue..." Norma sounded a little surprised. "Don't tell me you signed up?"

"That's right! My match should be at noon tomorrow. Remember to come watch!"

As soon as Nicola finished speaking, she walked back into the room excitedly.

"You're participating in the martial arts tournament?"

Although I already knew about it, I still felt it was a bit of a stretch given her level.

"What? Do you think I can't do it?" Nicola asked back, slightly displeased.

"You've seen how powerful I am. Don't you remember when I saved you and killed that Level 6 vampire with one sword...?"

"But you can't use Condensation Sword in the tournament. And you've only been learning martial arts shortly, right?"

I interrupted her self-praise and spoke objectively.

"Don't worry! I can win even without Condensation Sword. I know what I'm doing..."

Nicola winked at us mysteriously.

"I'm telling you, I have a new secret move! You'll see it if you come to watch my match tomorrow at noon!"

"I see. Hidden skills, how impressive! So you had an ace up your sleeve!"

Cyra immediately let out an admiring voice and gave her a thumbs up.