Vol 2/Chapter 57: The Grand Scene of Prepaid Future Help

Another 12-winged Nicola suddenly appeared in front of Michelle, casually blocking her deadly strike with bare hands.

"Hi there... Isn't this the 'Goddess of Fire'? Long time no see..."

The new 12-winged Nicola smiled and waved at Michelle, then flicked her forehead, sending her flying back dozens of meters.

"You're still so edgy. I think you need some discipline."

Shaking her head with a sigh, she glanced at Michelle struggling to get up in the distance, then turned and waved at my companions.

"Hello Selene! Haven't seen you for years. You look so young now..."

"Huh... are you talking to me?"

Selene raised her hand dumbly and pointed at herself, mouth still wide open in shock. She was totally baffled by the bizarre events unfolding before her eyes.

"Eleanora! Hayden! I miss you all!"

The 12-winged Nicola ignored Selene's confusion and greeted our two other conscious companions further away. Finally she turned to me with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, I'm just here to watch the show... I'll be going soon."

She nodded at the first 12-winged Nicola that appeared.

"I'll leave the rest to you."

"I know you just wanted to show off..."

The first 12-winged Nicola smiled wryly and nodded in agreement.

"No problem!"

The next instant, the so-called "watching show" Nicola disappeared from our sight.

"What... what was that?"

Everyone present, including the 6-winged Nicola, stared in shock, not knowing what to say.

"Ahem..."

The remaining 12-winged Nicola coughed deliberately to get our attention. She helplessly explained:

"I don't know when that other Nicola time traveled back either. Maybe long after me...

"But I didn't arrange for her to come back!" The six-winged Nicola couldn't believe it and interrupted. "Michelle moved so fast, I didn't even have time to react!"

She was slightly panicked upon realizing she had lost control over this new world of time so quickly after unlocking it.

"Calm down, calm down..."

The twelve-winged Nicola smiled reassuringly at her past self, having fully anticipated her reaction and thoughts.

"Everything happening now is predestined good fortune, since the Observer is not yet awake to observe or interfere..."

"As for that other Nicola earlier, someday we'll completely understand what transpired."

"Who's this 'Observer' you mentioned?"

I couldn't help asking, noticing she seemed to be hiding something deliberately.

"It's... a secret!"

The 12-winged Nicola smiled mysteriously.

"For now, let me get rid of that troublemaker over there for you all..."

She turned to face Michelle, who had struggled back to her feet.

"Liana... You bastard!"

Clutching her head, Michelle staggered out from the pile of rubble, glaring at us.